forum

Inspired by osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dogsayswhat
Hey everyone!

I was a huge fan of games such as Guitar Hero and Elite Beat Agents, so when I heard of osu! as similar to EBA, I started playing it too!

So recently I finished making a rhythm game for the Android! It's on the Google Play Store, and it's called Perditus - A Rhythm Game! At it's very heart, it's a clone of EBA and osu! Since it was inspired so much by those games, I thought I could share it with you guys!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.me.perditusessential

It needs a device with android 4.0 or higher, but if you give it a play, let me know!

If you want to see what it looks like, I have some gameplay over at

Thanks!
kirueggy
No love for iOS. 0/10

Just kidding :P But the background seems a little dull. Meh. And go add a "make your own beatmap" kinda thing.
Jing Yuan
Is there anyway to get a better view of when to hit the numbers?

Also, as Kiru said, can you somehow make an add your own map function?
AutoMedic
This project looks promising

As kiru said, add a mapping program, please :)
Kurogamii
my opinion: this is not even entered the alpha phase
the visual (graphics, font, etc.) won't make ppl try your game, need more improvement
Toyface
Look's pretty good so far!
Topic Starter
dogsayswhat

Kurogamii wrote:

my opinion: this is not even entered the alpha phase
the visual (graphics, font, etc.) won't make ppl try your game, need more improvement
Hey man, thanks for the feedback! Criticism about the graphics is actually what i've gotten the most. I was wondering if you had anything specific to mention? Or are you referring to the overall polish of how everything looks?

MoF10 wrote:

Is there anyway to get a better view of when to hit the numbers?

Also, as Kiru said, can you somehow make an add your own map function?
Hey, thanks for giving it a play! The way I designed it was so that you'd follow the star everywhere, but I realize on some of the more complicated levels it doesn't work as intended. I do have a change in mind, instead of the bubbles slowly fading in, the center of the bubble is going to expand. When the center is full, it will begin de-expanding, signaling that you should tap.

Also to all the feedback regarding making your own levels, as a fellow gamer I just realized that making that would be a cool as hell feature. And I don't know why I didn't do that in the first place D:

Thank you to everyone who gave it a play, I appreciate it!

I'll be back ;p
Kurogamii
yes, almost overall graphics need to be polished

kirukashi wrote:

just kidding :P But the background seems a little dull. Meh. And go add a "make your own beatmap" kinda thing.
guys, make that thing is the hardest part, even osu!droid and osu!stream don't have it
Topic Starter
dogsayswhat

Kurogamii wrote:

yes, almost overall graphics need to be polished

kirukashi wrote:

just kidding :P But the background seems a little dull. Meh. And go add a "make your own beatmap" kinda thing.
guys, make that thing is the hardest part, even osu!droid and osu!stream don't have it
:o they don't? The way I wrote the game, I actually have the beatmap making program already integrated. But only I have access to it, as it uses controls on a keyboard.

Thanks for the insight!
kirueggy
well osu!droid doesn't have enough processing power for really any phone (uh, yeah right says samsung)

and osu!stream is "copyrighted," no wonder you have to buy songs
Patyfatycake
You should obfuscate your code.

I might have a play later though.
ziogio
It crashes anytime and the graphic is really too rude, you have to fix it.

The tutorial it's annoying and pointless (I mean the "Learn to play" in the game).

Anyway, the idea it's really cool. Osu! droid in my phone doesn't work correctly, so if this game will improve, i will play it :)

Good luck!
kirueggy

ziogio wrote:

the graphic is really too rude, you have to fix it.!
Also this, I swear I'm on the edge of having an elliptical seizure or something due to all the clutter on the screen
gretay
seems great i'll play it later (when i have more memory space) i think you need to add a BG Change so people can play it with the BG they want (like a skin but just for the BG)