forum

[resolved] [added] Ignore Montly Beatmapping Contest maps in the frontpage

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +95
show more
Lanturn
So Basically... Just add a filter that'll have the top played recently ranked maps in the last month, and an overall played one (maybe with another filter to ignore MBC)

Something like this: (yes I puushed a picture in photoshop)

silmarilen

baraatje123 wrote:

True
The map is really good, the song is just annoying xD
Sometimes some other maps suddenly get played a lot, but as the mbc maps are still the popularst, you can't see them
Rip pika Girl
Rip Guren no Yumiya
Rip the other Linked Horizon map from Kuria
Rip Bad Apple
Rip Maware Maware Maware Maware Maware Maware Maware Maware Maware (forgot true title xD)
s3rl is love
s3rl is life

all hail the great s3rl _O_
Oinari-sama
Please stay on topic.

Personally I don't see a need to filter out MBC maps from that tiny panel, it's for the last 24 hrs and have space for 5 maps only. What'll be nice is to have a separate page listing more detailed map play stats with filter options. Raw numbers have little meaning to me, I'd prefer seeing info like "Top 10 most played for x months" :D

If it's absolutely necessary to distinguish MBC maps from the rest in that tiny panel, maybe show an MBC icon next to the artist/title.
Secretpipe

Lanturn wrote:

So Basically... Just add a filter that'll have the top played recently ranked maps in the last month, and an overall played one (maybe with another filter to ignore MBC)

That's a wonderful idea B)
- Marco -

Lanturn wrote:

TAKE ALL MY YES!
Sea_Food

Oinari-sama wrote:

If it's absolutely necessary to distinguish MBC maps from the rest in that tiny panel, maybe show an MBC icon next to the artist/title.
What use would that be if in the future all of them will be MBC maps?
Bara-
OMG
FINALLY A NON-MBC MAP IN IT
HYPE HYPE HYPE
/me runs
ErunamoJAZZ
this have my support.

btw, thinking about a list in the home page... in past, i used it for play "good maps" or maps from "popular mappers" (when I did not know anything about the game), so, imo, a list about "Most Played Beatmaps" is not a good approach... instead some like "most popular in last week" or something, will works better.

You could take the derivative of plays/hour for a week, to know which map has grown in popularity... is just a idea which could favor new maps over the old... may be...
Sonnyc
Adding a support.

Within the current ranking system, players are devided into two groups.
-- Players risking the DQ and playing maps in the "Qualified" section.
-- Players willing to play only the maps in the "Ranked" section without risking DQ.

This devision makes both newly qualified and ranked maps gathering high playcount in the last 24 hours harder than the past, and will never surpass the bundled mapsets unless the song that has got qualified or ranked is super-duper popular, or new users to osu! decrease.
Lally
is interesting why not
Cerulean Veyron
I agree with this, take my star ☆
Green Platinum
I don't even know the point of having a most played beatmap section at all. Since its just a positive feedback loop because of more people having the map leads to more people picking it in multiplayer leading to even more people having it and so on. I'd much prefer a top maps with high favourites to plays ratio, as it's apparent to me especially in lower level lobbies picking a variety of maps is almost frowned upon because of waiting for downloads and I think it's this culture that ultimately results in the 10 or so song rotation we see.
Constantine
can i bump this one
Tanomoshii Nekojou

Decon082 wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

We need Gangnam Style to make a comeback.
support for this
No please. :o :o
Oh by the way, I don't see any wrong with this request. Its just annoying to see same maps are mostly being played~... At the same time, that feature (I think) was created to make everyone informed of the trend. :D :D
xxdeathx
This is the first and only feature request i've given a star to, please make it happen!

Except for [insert popular anime of the season]'s opening or [insert ridiculously hard qualified map], it's always these 5 on the chart, every day.

vincaslt
Yes, I believe it isn't hard to make the maps rotate daily based on popularity this week, because now it's only the same 5 maps, and honestly, they are not even that good...
Ayesha Altugle
Bumping this because it seems that all the MBC Maps filled in the whole Most Played Beatmaps.

And the list didn't even changed.
Nakano Itsuki
I gave one of my stars to this bumped topic, why not.

Tbh, the MBC/Bundled maps have the tag MBC with them, so I think it'd be better to really filter those out.
This panel is to introduce new beatmaps to people, instead it is now spammed with plays from (probably) new players on bundled maps. (And old players for dt /me runs) It doesn't serve its purpose at ALL.

This needs to be changed.
Factorial
Also, Ignore them on the "Best Beatmap of the Year."
DahplA
The days when Black Bullet was actually most played...ahh good times.
Anyways I agree with this. I hate seeing the same maps over and over again on top.
Comet
Pokity Pokity

Made a dupe thread of this and got told to poke this one, imo it's needed if a lot of new people to the game want to have variety and see different maps instead of the bundled ones that always pop up on the list and give no room for others
xxdeathx
YES
Comet

xxdeathx wrote:

YES
:D
OzzyOzrock
WE DID IT BOYSSSSSSSSS
Sonnyc
yay

Back to the real most plays
Bara-