Get Hype! Melty Blood Tourney!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
bampu
Leon Magnus
I see i am the only Mexican who play Melty in the Osu! Community and the tourney.
Sorry for my bad english.
Nakata Yuji

Leon Magnus wrote:

I see i am the only Mexican who play Melty in the Osu! Community and the tourney.
Sorry for my bad english.
Bad english isn't a problem :p
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Alright I may be able to handle the video recordan. My only concern is audio desyncing, I'm getting a test video ready. (¯◡◡¯·)
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday

Since this came out pretty decent i'll probably be recording the vids If I can keep the audio from desyncing.
Faust
Oh? It seems the title screen has been outfitted with the special Christmas Theme.
Bestelle
Yep. It does that on 09/09 as well.
Nakata Yuji

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Since this came out pretty decent i'll probably be recording the vids If I can keep the audio from desyncing.
You could just have autoreplay on, and record replays.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Nakata Yuji
We should have a montage set to the lovely tune of Eye of the Tiger.
The_Priest_In_Yellow
I disagree with the singer... he's so, not manly. But I do find the idea strangely fascinating.
Nakata Yuji
Half of the people here are playing female characters anyways. Eye of the Tiger works.

Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Where da hood at
Rena-chan
Navy.
Maining Len.
Bestelle
I'm liking the way the bracket looks so far.
Nakata Yuji
Is it just me, or is Hamachi down or something?
Faust

RL Link wrote:

Ugh.
Doesnt look very good to me.
If I beat Nakata, I'll be facing either Mafia or Tapdancer.
I had hell with Mafia, so it doesn't matter who wins that match.
I'm probably gonna get owned hard.
Bestelle

OH-SHI- wrote:

RL Link wrote:

Ugh.
When I said "Bracket" I meant the design. Not who people are up against.
[deleted user]
Nevermind, Kohaku.
Faust
Ugh.
When I said "Bracket" I meant the design. Not who people are up against.[/quote]

Oh. Haha, my bad.
PM me for a match when you feel like it.
Cyclone
Hmm, cool, just let me know when i'm supposed to play
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Honestly I think it may just be better to do it the seeded way and have the worse players play the better players. So everyone gets knocked down into the losers bracket and gets to have at least one good match
Nakata Yuji
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Bestelle
It wouldn't be random enough, though.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Let me add 2 of my pretty bad friends to the bracket and I'll probably start today or tommorrow.

I'll be sending out a PM
Pokebis

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Let me add 2 of my pretty bad friends to the bracket and I'll probably start today or tommorrow.

I'll be sending out a PM
I hope you don't mean start the tourney. I'm not going to be available today and tomorrow.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
I'm leaving a 3-5 day period open for you to get together with your opponent and get your matches done.
Per set of rounds.
Burning_Cyclope
Is it too late to sign up?

Burning_Cyclope (Massachusetts): Arcueid
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
unfortunately yes because you're a new user. Feel free to play in the hamachi though.
Mafiamaster
Zomg! I can't wait to play >w<
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday

Mafiamaster wrote:

Zomg! I can't wait to play >w<
I seeded us because we r kawaii
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Enjoy watching mafia spam J.c and dive ins whilst mashing through everything
The_Priest_In_Yellow
This would be my suggested format for the replay naming.

%A%5%B%6%D%n

Meaning the bottom line of that block should look like:

replayFilenameFormat = %A%5%B%6%D%n
Meaning, of course, P1nick + P1character(first three letters) + P2nick + P2character(-"-) + Current date in yymmdd + Sequence Number.
Which would be eg. PriestWarNavyLen100101 followed by a sequence number for multiple matches.

These replays are saved in folders inside the "Replay" folder in your game directory.
Just zip/rar the replay folder of your choice, like PriestWarNavyLen100101 and it'll work fine.

EDIT: Without the sequence number or current time option, the file will fail to save, since there already is a replay with that name. Therefore I would suggest adding a sequence number, for the tourney at least.
Burning_Cyclope

lukewarmholiday wrote:

unfortunately yes because you're a new user. Feel free to play in the hamachi though.
What constitutes a "new user" and how/when I will be considered no longer a new user? (osu rank? registration date? post count?)
How do I participate in the hamachi?

Also, when is the next tourney going to take place? I'm excited to join in the next one! (if I can participate in that one)

In the meantime I'll brush up on my melty blood skills. I used to be about average (I think ... I only played against the same people every time so I'm not sure about how I would match up against the general MBAC community) but I haven't played in a while.
Nakata Yuji

Burning_Cyclope wrote:

lukewarmholiday wrote:

What constitutes a "new user" and how/when I will be considered no longer a new user? (osu rank? registration date? post count?)
How do I participate in the hamachi?

Also, when is the next tourney going to take place? I'm excited to join in the next one! (if I can participate in that one)

In the meantime I'll brush up on my melty blood skills. I used to be about average (I think ... I only played against the same people every time so I'm not sure about how I would match up against the general MBAC community) but I haven't played in a while.
I think he means that you're too late for sign-ups more than being a new user. Wait, you're rank 185.
Jinxy

Burning_Cyclope wrote:

I believe it is activity in forums/IRC. You may be #185 but I have never heard of you in game and its only your 3rd post in the forums.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
After reading Threads on how to beat Hisui and Len with kouma my options are to not fuck up my okizime when I get it. Otherwise :V

Kohaku I should be able EX shield/bara everything, only reason ive been losing matches against her is FUCKIGN SHIT I WAS MASHIN 2A WAITING FOR YOU TO WAKE UP WHY THE FUCK DID YOUR 2A SLIP THROUGH MINE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUCK KOUMA AND HIS SLOW 2A.
Nakata Yuji

lukewarmholiday wrote:

After reading Threads on how to beat Hisui and Len with kouma my options are to not fuck up my okizime when I get it. Otherwise :V

Kohaku I should be able EX shield/bara everything, only reason ive been losing matches against her is FUCKIGN SHIT I WAS MASHIN 2A WAITING FOR YOU TO WAKE UP WHY THE FUCK DID YOUR 2A SLIP THROUGH MINE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUCK KOUMA AND HIS SLOW 2A.
Can you really even Bara on netplay?
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Bara canceling is all about quick inputs so frame delay will not affect it at all. i think.
Mafiamaster
Teach me how to 2 frame someone
show more