Get Hype! Melty Blood Tourney!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
ENTRIES CLOSED

3 MATCHES TO GO

MATCH HANDLING

1- Find your current opponent on the bracket and contact him via PM, chat or hamachi.
2- ENABLE AUTORECORD FOR REPLAYS or REMEMBER TO SAVE REPLAYS. Alternatively, BOTH you and your opponent need to send me a PM listing the victor and how many wins losses(max should only be 2 wins and 1 loss). I need to get in contact with Tippy on how to establish a naming convention. Pack all your round's replays into a single .rar or .zip and name it "<Playername>vs<playername>."
3- If you cannot get together with your opponent PM ME, if I do not receive a PM from you before the deadline for your matches, you will throw the match. If both are having trouble finding a time to play we will put your following matches(and in effect opponents) on hold until we can. Yuka and Dusty are my personal friends so get together with me to try to find a time to play against them.
4- The games will be best 2 out of 3, that is 2 FULL games. You ARE permitted to change characters between games.

HOW TO SET UP YOUR NAMING CONVENTION FOR REPLAYS(makes it easier to find your replays too.)

SPOILER

The_Priest_In_Yellow wrote:

I would like to urge people to edit their config_caster ini file.

If you're not already aware, mbcaster supports automatic replay saving at the end of a match (which is kind of handy).
If nothing else, it might be fun.

Just look for:
# autoSave enables or disables automatic replay saving after a match is
# complete. The replay is saved IMMEDIATELY after the match is done, so you
# can't turn this on during the win screen, sorry.
#
# You may enable or disable this while MBAC is running by pressing = or -.
autoSave = 1

Below this block you can find settings for the naming convention, which will be used when saving the replays:
# replayFilenameFormat is the format of the filename used for autosaved
# replays.
# .rep is automatically added to the end.
# Syntax:
# %A : player 1 name
# %B : player 2 name
# %1 : player 1 character name
# %2 : player 2 character name
# %3 : player 1 character number (1 = Sion, 2 = Arcueid, etc)
# %4 : player 2 character number
# %5 : player 1 short character name (3 characters, so Sio, Arc, Cie, Aki, etc)
# %6 : player 2 short character name
# %d : current date (format yyyymmdd)
# %D : current date (format yymmdd)
# %t : current time (format hhmmss)
# %T : current time (format hhmm)
# %n : file sequence number (probably not a good idea to use this AND %t)
# %m : match time in seconds (integer)
# %M : match time in seconds (float)
# %f : match time in frames
# %% : Plain old %
# Note: sequence number takes the first free filename of that type which has
# that number, so if you really want sequential stuff along with
# character information use %t instead.
replayFilenameFormat = %A%B%d%t
Just change replayFilenameFormat to what's listed at the bottom of the code.

FINAL BRACKET(This image will autoupdate as I see match results.) Recommended setup for the seed listing I provided.

HAMACHI SERVERS

MBACmagnificenttourney
PASSWORD: MBAC

MBACmagnificenttourney2
PASSWORD: MBAC
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
*post hijacked and reserved for tourney shit*

How to play, how to set up caster.

SPOILER

lukewarmholiday wrote:

NO ENTRIES - UNLESS YOU HAVE SHOWN INTEREST/ASKED ME FOR THE MBAC DOWNLOAD PRIOR TO TODAY. I WILL STILL SEND YOU THE DOWNLOAD IF YOU PM ME BUT I WILL BE DENYING ENTRIES NOW.

After watching a stream we decided to get hype and make a yet to be decided sized tourney(interest is what will determine it).

If you need the game and netplay patch get in touch with me. We will be playing on Melty Blood Ver B 1.03A caster version 080813. I will walk you through how to use caster later.

WE ARE ALL BAD OK. JUST LEARN YOUR BASIC COMBO AND YOU'LL BE AT MY LEVEL.

BASICS OF THE GAME

Notation

A - Light attack
B - Medium attack
C - Strong attack
D - EX shield
Quick Action - Mostly used for grabs, hit forward and your quick action button to grab, works in air for airgrabs.
A+B+C - used to enter heat or blood heat

Default keyboard layout

N = A
M = B
, = C
. = D
K = Quick Action
J = A+B+C

Arrow keys for movement

Hold back to shield, standing guard blocks high attacks, crouching guard blocks low attacks. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, IN A GAME LIKE MELTY BLOOD YOU'RE MUCH BETTER OFF SHIELDING THROUGH AN ATTACK THAN TRYING TO MASH AND BEAT YOUR OPPONENTS ATTACK. Wait for your opportunity and let him have it.

214 + D is the universal shild bunker for all characters, basically ends blockstun early and throws out an attack.

TO USE A CONTROLLER WITH CASTER YOU HAVE TO CONFIGURE XPADDER AND MAP YOUR GAMEPAD'S INPUTS TO COMPUTER KEYS, XPADDER IS INCLUDED IN THE .RAR I HAVE PREPARED FOR MELTY.(This is only to use caster, you can play offline by usings Mlety Bloods built in pad support.) I CAN WALK YOU THROUGH THIS, IF I MUST, ILL EVENTUALLY POST THE STEPS IN THIS THREAD.

Every special move has 3 versions, A - B - C. C is your EX special and costs 100% meter to use, if you don't have the meter you will the B version of the move.

Heat/Blood Heat/Circut Break

Max mode is automatically activiated once a character obtains 300% of magic circut. In this mode, their magic circut meter starts to gradually deplete until it empties, at which time the meter goes back to normal with 200% magic circut. EX moves are still available and will take away a third of the meter (or whatever is left, whichever is less). A character's Arc Drive is also available -- this will use up all of the remaining meter, and only return 100% magic circut upon completetion. Max mode lasts for a maximum of ten seconds if no EX moves are used.

Heat mode can be activiated by hitting A+B+C while posessing more than 100% of magic circut. This mode posesses the same properties as Max mode, with a couple of changes. The major change is that you slowly regenerate health while in Heat, for as long as the character has both red health and Heat meter remaining. However, you always come of Heat with no magic circut, regardless of if the character uses their Arc Drive or not. Going into Heat also has the side effect of stopping the clock for the duration of the move. The amount of time Heat mode lasts is linear -- activiating at 299.9% makes it last for 10 seconds, 150% lasts for five, and so on.

Blood Heat mode is activiated by hitting A+B+C while in Max mode. This is similar to Heat mode, but EX moves now cost one sixth of the entire meter and you regenerate health at a much faster rate. Arc Drives done in this mode also have different properties, usually doing more damage and having less startup. Last Arcs are also available in this mode, done by performing a single EX shield either on the ground or in the air (which state is required is character dependent). Be careful, as the pre-super flash Last Arc startup can be cancelled by another shield attempt (so do not mash like a monkey). A successfully activiated Last Arc ends Blood Heat and leaves you with zero Magic Circut.

When you activiate Heat or Blood Heat, your character will momentairly flash. This flash can hit your opponent, and will induce either a wallslam or an untechable pop-up (character-dependent). This flash is absolutely invincible and unblockable, but can be both shielded (standing) and clashed.

Circuit Spark can be activated in MAX or Blood Heat mode by hitting A+B+C during hitstun and basically acts as a burst as in Guilty Gear or BlazBlue. Stops opponents attack and returns you to 0% meter.

This should cover enough that you should be able to mess around with CPUs.

http://shoryuken.com/wiki/index.php/MBAC Low to intermediate guide of the game, has some characters and some combos at the bottom in each characters section.

CASTER

Caster is the netplay client built for MBAC, it does not come with the game and is a 3rd party program. To use caster you must be running Melty Blood version 1.03A and Caster version 080813.

Open up config_caster.ini and find this section.

# **************************************************************************
[PLAYER]
# This sets your player name. There is a 20 character limit.
# Allowed are alphanumberics, spaces, and .-_'
Name=Lukewarm Set this to your preffered name

# This is player 2's name, used in broadcast mode only.
p2Name=

# If you don't want it annoying you about the name on startup, set this
# to 1.
IHaveNoName=1

# **************************************************************************

To use caster the host will type 1 and hit enter to wait for acess, then he will give his opponent his IP. His opponent will then type 2 in the caster dialog hit enter, then type the hosts IP and hit enter. The program should then proceed to tell you the delay between host and opponent and one will set the delay frames(this will vary depedning on where you live, most people in america can sit around 4 while europeans will probably be around 6 and anyone else will probably be at a crippling 9. In the event someone lives halfway across the world and wants to enter will will test a caster connection before signup.

Characters

The game is pretty well balanced and there is really no god mode character like a few fighting games like to have, of course neko arc and neko arc chaos are blatant joke characters. There are some bad matchups but Ill insult you when the time comes, There are some pick up and play braindead characters though.

If you want to play a specific character and at least know your basic combos(if shoryuken.com wiki doesn't supply them) check out meltybread.com because they still have some relevant info. Mkae sure the information you're getting is for MBAC and not MBAA.

I highly suggest finding out your basic ground combo.

SIGNUPS

Post your preferred character to sign up.(doubles of the same character are fine and I'd actually be surprised if we don't have doubles.)

We will probably do a multiple elimination tourney since the skill gap will probably be large.

Early matchups will probably be decided by location then skill.
For those who live in large countries please tell the general area you live in.

Signups:
LukewarmHoliday: Kouma Kishima (Eastern USA)
The Priest in Yellow: Warcueid (Sweeden)
Pokebis: Neko Arc Chaos (Eastern USA)
RL Link: Miyako (USA)
Tapdancingmetroid: Mech-Hisui(USA) neko arc is a gimped character!
MafiaMaster: Kohaku and Hisui (USA)
Ivalsetto: Akiha (USA)
OH-SHI-: Aoko (Singapore,)
Nakato Yuji: Sion (Some place)
adam2046: V.Akiha (Australia)
Cyclone: Miyako (east US)
EEeee: Nrvnsqr (US)
Leon Magnus: Nanaya (Mexico)
Gabi: V. Akiha (Sweeden)

Hamachi server: MBACmagnificenttourney, pass: MBAC

I'd also like to add this may not be completely osu exclusive if anyone I know maybe wants to play. It's just a time to mess around and have some fun. You can spectate others using the same method to connect to a host but entering 3 instead of 2 in the dialog box.
The_Priest_In_Yellow
After careful consideration (not really)

Signing up for play, with Warcueid as main, maybe Miyako as backup.

MBcaster link: http://mauve.sandwich.net/MBCaster.html
Pokebis
I don't know my main, is this an osu! only tourney?
Oh, wait. Neko-Arc ftw.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Play neko arc chaos.(hit D when on top of Nrvnqsr Chaos)

Crouch and move forward to poke people with your cigarette.

I also don't know if I want to sub Nanaya or aoko.

Atmey wrote:

lukewarmholiday's badassness -10
How dare you, Melty Blood is such a hype game.
Bestelle
I kinda suck... but I'm down for this.
Main be Miyako.
Tapdancingmetroid
I haven't played this game in a while, but I may give this a shot.
Last time I played I used neko arc or mech-hisui. Not entirely sure which I'll use for this, though. :/
Mafiamaster
I wanna play. ;_;
(Kohaku and Hisui)
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Anyone with fraps and any video editing program to compress the videos afterwards want to take spectate videos?

I'm thinking I will try to get this started during winter break hopefully.
Ivalset
Signing up for this maybe.

Probably playing Akiha.
Faust
Mmm.

Confirmed!

Main: Aozaki Aoko
Sub: White Len

Skills are really suckish and even more so because I am using a keyboard( My keyboard has problems of its own too).

Will try to lend a controller from my friend.

Edit: Little more confident now.
Atmey
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gabi
i watched some youtube videos of this, i don't know if this was just because of practice mode, but some combos did 7-8k dmg, removing half of your life in 1 combo :o
Bestelle
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday

RL Link wrote:

Gabi wrote:

i watched some youtube videos of this, i don't know if this was just because of practice mode, but some combos did 7-8k dmg, removing half of your life in 1 combo :o
It's very possible.
It's usually with a full bar of meter and depending on character probably exhausting a lot of resources along with being hard to pull off to boot. Also a lot of combo videos are against dummies that don't tech or shield when an opportunity is present. 5k-6k are the highest I usually see in real matches. Usually they arent worth it because landing a 2nd combo is usually more profitable than blowing 2 supers in the same combo. Maybe if you need a hair more damage to win you'd blow your whole meter on a combo, but then why did your opponent let you build so much meter unpunished?

Atmey wrote:

lukewarmholiday wrote:

How dare you, Melty Blood is such a hype game.
What is this response? you are changing, what happened to you? I don't know you anymore
edit: probably because of the avatar, here use this.
I'm just 2 cute 4 you.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Alright I guess I better start getting stuff together before this falls to the 2nd page.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Alright so, I will have a hamachi channel open since most of us probably dont have our ports open.

Hamachi channel will be MBACmagnificenttourney, pass: MBAC
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday

Faust
So uh...here's a vector.

Nakata Yuji
Spot saved for entry, never played it but it sounds good.
Leaning towards Sion Eltnam Atlasia.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday

This is for the heathens that dont get the joke
Nakata Yuji
Faust

Nakata Yuji wrote:

SION. HHHHRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGNNN.
Nakata Yuji

OH-SHI- wrote:

Nakata Yuji wrote:

SION. HHHHRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGNNN.
My reasons for choosing Sion:
  • Looked down upon
    Is female incredibly badass
    Relatively high tier
    Is female.
:] What more do you want?
Faust
Rofl.
I was joking.
I like Sion too actually.
But I never bothered to get around using her.
Have fun practicing.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Sion more like I dont know fighting games give me a crutch plz kthx
Nakata Yuji
More like I saw a single screenshot and decided on her.
I've never played this before either, so I'll take all the crutches I can get :lol:
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
I know my kouma 4k combo so I'm set.
Nakata Yuji

lukewarmholiday wrote:

I know my kouma 4k combo so I'm set.
Have you played against actual people?
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Of course.

But no Sion gets a lot of hate so be ready. Seriously her page on the melty blood wiki has

SPOILER
Like all vampires, she suffers from shitty period days and menstruates out of her eyes as a result. If left unremedied this results in her bathing in said menstrual blood during credit scenes. This can be prevented by using magic string in the shape of Tsukihime characters to absorb menstrual fluids.

It keeps getting re-added due to popular demand and little opposition from non Sion players.

Haha everyone has one on their page now

Brilliant.
Nakata Yuji

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Of course.
Have you pulled this 4k combo off on anything else besides the training dummies?
I need a noob to spar with XD
Faust

Nakata Yuji wrote:

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Of course.
Have you pulled this 4k combo off on anything else besides the training dummies?
I need a noob to spar with XD

Well you spare with me, I'm not exactly good at Melty Blood(I think).
Prepare for some movement delay though. ^ ^;
Nakata Yuji

OH-SHI- wrote:

Tell me exactly how to connect with you, and I might get some time with you tomorrow :]
Faust

Nakata Yuji wrote:

OH-SHI- wrote:

Tell me exactly how to connect with you, and I might get some time with you tomorrow :]
Download Hamachi after you download Melty Blood Act Cadenza.
When you do, read the first 2 posts on the second page by Lukewarm(or first page), and join the Tourney!
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Faust

lukewarmholiday wrote:

The 4k combo starts with a 2b and it has beastly range, yes I have pulled off this combo in games.
Sounds frightening. The most I've ever pulled of with Aoko is 3K. But Im proud of that, it was purely ground.
Oh, it was a 28 Hit Combo of 4325 damage. Lol.
Nakata Yuji
Alrighty, I'm ready to play.I'm going to leave osu! open, so send me an in game pm if you're ready.
Send me a chat message through Hamachi if you want to play.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Nakata Yuji

lukewarmholiday wrote:

Most characters should have a relatively easy 4k combo.
I've gotten like 2.2k, but that's messing around in arcade with 1 difficulty :/
So far I think I'm doing ok for like 20 minutes of play.
Ivalset

Mafiamaster wrote:

I wanna play. ;_;
(Kohaku and Hisui)
More like Kohaku and Kohaku.

Fuck Kohaku.
Bestelle
Agreed with Ivalset.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
You do realize her hitbox pretty much extends with her broom.
Ivalset
You know what else extends with her broom?

Her broom.
Faust

Ivalset wrote:

Mafiamaster wrote:

I wanna play. ;_;
(Kohaku and Hisui)

Fuck Kohaku.
Yes, fuck Kohaku.
Everytime I fight her I end up feeli---NRVNQSR!
Nakata Yuji
Might as well add me to the list of entrants now.
Of course, I'm playing Sion.
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
Yeah Im just lazy and playing TF2 atm
Mafiamaster

Ivalset wrote:

Mafiamaster wrote:

I wanna play. ;_;
(Kohaku and Hisui)
LOL. I guess you're right... BUT playing 1 character for multiple matches can get boring!!
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
But when you're playing against 2 extremely easy to learn characters I can stomach playing my main for over 20 matches.

You can say kouma is easy but really only his ground BnB is easy. He's the hard worker of the higher tiers for sure. In fact you don't see many koumas in tourneys because you cant be predictable at all since you have no mixup potential.
Nakata Yuji
Topic Starter
lukewarmholiday
I'm going to try to organize brackets by skill. The double elimination part should keep you around people your level.

Basically once you lose in the winners bracket you're placed in the losers bracket against another loser. Whoever wins the losers bracket plays against the winner of the winners bracket for the title. Losers bracket should also be somewhat according to skill too.
show more