forum

does anyone know any other music/rhythm games?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
including multiplayer ones~

so far i've tried stepmania, audiosurf, o2jam, audition, elite beat agents (of course.), and ddr (of course~!).

please don't suggest any for the iphone, as mine fell out of my pocket somehow and got run over by a car :c
Wojjan
Pop'n music has its own Stepmaniasque PC version - forgot the name - , Beatmania IIDX does aswell - BePachi I think it was - If you have a Wii, you might want to try out Helix, but I haven't played that myself. If you're more of a PlayStation person, go with Parapppa the Rappa (2). I can't think of any XBox rhythm games from the top off my hat aslide from Guitar Hero (and yes, that also has a PCclone called Frets on Fire). Oh, Music Catch is a fun browser flash game you can play pretty much anywhere. The sequel, Music Catch 2 allows you to insert your own songs, so that's a handy thing.
Oh and if you want to do things the other way around, have the music react to you, the DS Store series "Art Style" is awesome. Games like AQUINA, INTERSECT, CODE, PiCOPICT, etc. have the BGM react to your playing to create a mystifying tune that fits your situarion, becoming more dire in higher levels, and uplifting after really big combo's.
Sorry for your iPhone, I hope this list can give you some fun times until you get a new one or something else for Christmas.
Mogsy
Wojjan, perhaps you should provide some links?

Now, to list the few I can think of off the top of my head.

DS:
Ontamarama - If you can get your hands on this and get the hang of it, it becomes quite enjoyable despite the number of problems with it. It involves a lot of hectic management of both screens, let me just say that.

Rhythm Heaven - WarioWare-type rhythm game. Fun, but the cues are kinda stupid to figure out at times.

PS2:
Frequency and Amplitude - If you're familiar with Rock Band: Unplugged for the PSP, it's basically that but less dumbed down and tons more fun.

Wii:
The Bit.Trip WiiWare games - a different gameplay style in each game that creates a bunch of chiptune music with extremely challenging gameplay to match it.

PC:
That Pop'n sim that Wojjan was talking about? Feeling PoMu.

Hopefully this was at least a tiny bit of help.
MegaManEXE
360 has Boom Boom Rocket

Not that it has a very large song selection but it's a rhythm game nonetheless

Everything else I can think of has pretty much already been said
nardii
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Wojjan
nardi, I already listed Beatmania.
Why would you list it again?
Xgor
DONKEY KONGA.....and Taiko
Wojjan
XGor, donkey konga is really hard to come by these days, and Taiko pretty much is worse, providing you're not in Japan. They're good, but very rare and not suitable as 'placeholders' until you get a new iPhone.
nardii
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Behon
I've been on a Frets On Fire/FoFiX kick since I got a PC-compatible guitar controller. You can download it at http://code.google.com/p/fofix/ and get songs and skins at http://www.fretsonfire.net/forums/ if you're interested.
Koko Ban
i'm quite sad none of you mentioned DJMAX and all of its iterations (DJMAX Portable 1 and 2, DJMAX Clazziquai Edition, DJMAX Black Square, DJMAX Fever (all for PSP), DJMAX Trilogy (PC) and DJMAX Technika (arcade)).

they're all awesome games so try them.:D
Wojjan
ooooh DJMax.
That was the outright blatant Beatmania ripoff.
Sorry nardi, this guy should get my insult.
That said:

Wojjan wrote:

nardiKoko Ban, I already listed Beatmania.
Don't make this mistake again.
This is what nardi should get

Wojjan wrote:

nardi, I already listed BeatmaniaGuitar Hero.
Don't make this mistake again.
LuigiHann
While I wouldn't call DJ Hero a good game, based on my limited play time with it, I will say that it is definitely very different from all other games.
nardii

LuigiHann wrote:

While I wouldn't call DJ Hero a good game
:(

LuigiHann wrote:

based on my limited play time with it,
:|

LuigiHann wrote:

I will say that it is definitely very different from all other games.
:D?
Wojjan
Luigi, my agrument still stands. The producers themselves confirmed that the pretty much got all their inspiration from Guitar Hero. They just had to add buttons and things because repackaging is frowned upon, I guess.
nooodl_old
Isn't DJ Hero all like "here's some freaking music and some buttons, make a remix that sounds good" instead of most rhythm games doing "here's some music, this is what input you give as rhythmically good as possible"?
nardii

nooodl wrote:

Isn't DJ Hero all like "here's some freaking music and some buttons, make a remix that sounds good" instead of most rhythm games doing "here's some music, this is what input you give as rhythmically good as possible"?
No, it's pretty much just another rhythm game. Not that that's a bad thing, it's still awesome.
LuigiHann
Crimmi
Does Anybody Know About KeyboardMania? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboardmania
Nakata Yuji

LuigiHann wrote:

While I wouldn't call DJ Hero a good game, based on my limited play time with it, I will say that it is definitely very different from all other games.
DJ Hero definitely isn't worth the price, but it is a great game in my opinion.

Here.
You'll find a lot of simulators for good bemani games.
Diokatsu

CrimmiSkye wrote:

Does Anybody Know About KeyboardMania? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keyboardmania
Pretty sure it's never going to come out over here and any PC simulation on a computer keyboard would be absurd, imo.

You said you tried Stepmania, so I'm wondering if you played solo or single.
awp
Koko Ban
Diokatsu
DJMax is pretty much Beatmania for the new age. It's a pretty big rip-off in terms of gameplay, but It's better in terms of difficulty curve: DJMax is actually approachable and gets just as hard while Beatmania has no easy mode basically.
heintsi
I once accidentally found chinese web 5-7 key rhythm game called "my dj".
It has lots of songs from popular rhythm games like ez2dj, beatmania iidx, djmax etc.
You pay credits (you can get more of them as you clear songs) for every song you play, usually one play costs about 5 credits.
There's also leaderboards for every song.
Really only thing this game lacks is multiplayer.. otherwise it's very well done for web game, about 100 songs or more and charts are awesome too. It's like flashflashrevolution but in "beatmania" style.
I guess you can also buy vip subscription there but dunno how to and don't really want to either.

Register your Vavay account here
Play MYDJ here

Screenshots:

oddysea682

Wojjan wrote:

Pop'n music has its own Stepmaniasque PC version - forgot the name - , Beatmania IIDX does aswell - BePachi I think it was - If you have a Wii, you might want to try out Helix, but I haven't played that myself. If you're more of a PlayStation person, go with Parapppa the Rappa (2). I can't think of any XBox rhythm games from the top off my hat aslide from Guitar Hero (and yes, that also has a PCclone called Frets on Fire). Oh, Music Catch is a fun browser flash game you can play pretty much anywhere. The sequel, Music Catch 2 allows you to insert your own songs, so that's a handy thing.
Oh and if you want to do things the other way around, have the music react to you, the DS Store series "Art Style" is awesome. Games like AQUINA, INTERSECT, CODE, PiCOPICT, etc. have the BGM react to your playing to create a mystifying tune that fits your situarion, becoming more dire in higher levels, and uplifting after really big combo's.
Sorry for your iPhone, I hope this list can give you some fun times until you get a new one or something else for Christmas.
Finally someone mentions Parappa the rapper
and you should try rhythm heaven on the ds (Never EVER PLAY BOOGIE I REGRET BUYING THE RIDICULOUS GAME!!!!)