forum

[invalid] [osu!supporter] Supporter tag as an item

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
AmaiHachimitsu
Like the topic says, I'd love to see supporter tags as items which would work in similar fashion to game gifts on Steam, that is:

You can either get the tag immediately or just keep it.

Then you can use it whenever you want on your or friend's account.

This would be convenient especially for those who get the tag by some kind of competition like tournaments, chart, beatmapping contests etc. for example, one of the players awarded with 3 months supporter tag for OWC decides to take a break from osu! and his tag is still on and goes on waste.

I think you all get what my idea is.

Regards,
Eizan Arizawa
so this tag will be never expired until we online again?
FabulousCupcake

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

No, it will still expire normally(after it is activated), but we can choose when to activate it, and perhaps it's giftable, like an "item".
Eizan Arizawa

s4nji wrote:

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

No, it will still expire normally(after it is activated), but we can choose when to activate it, and perhaps it's giftable, like an "item".
ow i feel this thing now like a FPS game i forgot the name but they apply this system to.
cerealkiller95
team fortress 2?
KinkiN
well this sounds good with actual gift card, which can be sold on anywhere, and people can resell it so everyone can buy supporter regardless they have paypal or not \:D/

I'm neutral on this though :P
Eizan Arizawa

Yuzuru wrote:

people can resell it so everyone can buy supporter regardless they have paypal or not
sounds good for me i will support this if i have a star T.T
Vathlauss
What about hats?
Topic Starter
AmaiHachimitsu

s4nji wrote:

Eizan Arizawa wrote:

Sums up the idea. It could look like a supporter card or something and be accessible in your profile with an option to activate it. Then you choose to use it or yourself or or someone.

Though the term RWT usually has a negative connotation it would benefit Peppy because many people might buy it via some friends if they don't own a paypal account and it would probably increase the amount of supporter purchases.
FrzR

cerealkiller95 wrote:

team fortress 2?
Sure. lol
Loctav
You can already gift supporter tags to others
KinkiN

Loctav wrote:

You can already gift supporter tags to others
but you can't give the feature request's votes :P

altou i believe the main point is not "giving supporter to others"
Loctav
but the functionality is quite similar. Don't forget that you do not buy supporter tags, but donate money and get a thank you for you or either someone else. If we turn them into items, they become a buyable good, which is not the intention of the supporter tags. I highly doubt this will ever get accepted, because we do not want to give supporter tags a commercial character. Marking as invalid