forum

[duplicate] Make sudden death fail you from slider break

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
xasuma
Hello,

As the title says it, I would like to suggest to change the sudden death mod to make you fail the song when you have a slider break.
Why?
- Because in my opinion, when you are using SD, you want to full combo a song, nothing else. Sadly even with SD on , you can still not full combo a song, which in my opinion, defeats the purpose of the mod's meaning.

Sometimes I finish songs with the mod on , and realized I dont have a full combo. In my opinion, that isn't what I intended when I chose to play with SD.

Please post your opinions.
And im sorry If its a duplicate, my searching capabilities are limited by time. lol
Ayesha Altugle
Perfect mod does this
Topic Starter
xasuma

vahn10 wrote:

Perfect mod does this
Perfect mod is 100%. Big difference.
Nathanael
Topic Starter
xasuma
Yea but I don't want a new mod.
When you are playing without SD you can hear your misses(combo break), therefore you can retry. But when you are playing fast you cant always distinguish a slider break(no combo break). ~therefore you have finish the song that you played with sudden death, to realize you have a slider break.

Regardless of all the tricks people might have to distinguish a slider break. To me it makes more sense that sudden death should only let you full combo. And perfect should only let you full combo with 300's.

This might eventually lead to the question: should a slider break take a note from your full combo? After all is still a 100, and is already taking 66.66% of accuracy away from that slider note.

Bunch of technicalities. But im not sure if they all make sense to everyone.

What I am arguing I guess is that if the games takes a note from a slider break, then "sudden death" should actually be a sudden death and fail you because the combo isnt complete.

No mod = slider break allowed.(and everything else of course).
sd = only fc allowed.
pf = only fc with all 300's allowed.

At least this makes sense in my head. It's my point of view, I just wanted to bring it the people's attention. Nobody has to agree necessarily, its a grey area nonetheless.
Topic Starter
xasuma
lol...