forum

Devil May Cry series

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Frost_old
I'm just wondering.....who plays DMC 1, 2, 3 and/or 4. I'm playing 4 right now.
Cecilthemos
I've seen 1 and 3 played, and I played one fight in #2, but I haven't really gotten into any of them.
awp
I have DMC 1, 2 and 3. I haven't played DMC3 Special Edition, but I don't really care to because the challenge nerfing is a bit off putting to me, since I was able to keep up with DMC3. I've cleared all difficulties in each of them (the final boss in DMC3 on Dante Must Die was incredibly difficult and time consuming thanks to that epic regen) but damn it, they're still fun to play. Apparently DMC4 is coming to the PC so I might get that version, as I do not own, and do not intend to own, a PS3/360 any time soon. Fantastic series. A lot of people have a lot of gripe for DMC2, and while it was easily the weakest in the series, it still wasn't bad. (Kind of like PW?) DMC4, from what I've read/seen, seems like DMC3 plus the stuff I wish they had done in DMC3. So that's pretty awesome.
Topic Starter
Frost_old
Personally, I like DMC 3 & 4 were the best(cuz of Dante's current voice actor). I (and a lot of other ppl)didn't like DMC 2 because Dante became all quiet and the capcom guys ripped out his cocky attitude. Thankfully, they realized that and made Dante cocky again(note: the DMC storyline goes 3,1,2 then 4.)
awp
DMC2 also had uncharacteristically easy difficulty, as well.
James
I've played DMC 0 on GameBoy :3
hunnykilla
I played the demo of Devil May Cry 4 and it was good, but the boss fight was hard! Took me a good 7 tries.
awp
And why was the first boss of DMC3 also one of the toughest?

At least, it was the most time-consuming (other than final boss on DMD) and least fun =X Though the vampire harlot was also kind of lame, the rest of the bosses that I can remember were pretty cool and fun to fight. Especially Beowulf.