forum

Owl City - Beautiful Times (feat. Lindsey Stirling)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Cerulean Veyron

Quality Assurance Team wrote:

General

Incorrect Storyboarding settings

• All difficulties must have the Widescreen Support enabled in order to make both the video and stroyboard appear correctly in all kinds of displays.
Give. me. a. BREAK.

Enabling the Widescreen Support is not really necessary to make "all things visible", including the... 'stroyboard' you wrote there. Both video and storyboard itself appeared correctly on the display, even tho without the Widescreen Support enabled on the game play. Seriously, one of the qualified maps containing storyboards without widescreen support enabled, and walked on a straight line to the ranked listing. So why giving a not-so detailed objective reason here? It's like you're disqualifying this map with just one mod, which is "blanket pls". I think I'm being offensive, but I know this could be the truth.

In the other hand, very nice logic and reasoning over there.

owps /me runs
Arcubin

Incorrect Storyboarding settings

• All difficulties must have the Widescreen Support enabled in order to make both the video and stroyboard appear correctly in all kinds of displays.
i already ask HOS about this, but he prefer 4:3. also 4:3 mean less-laggy (afaik)
Topic Starter
HootOwlStar
I won't change the title as the metadata check by Gamu is already very sufficient as a great proof. For the storyboard settings, I think it will be not so difficult to fix the problems anyway. About those mapping quality things, I have sent PMs to the mappers already.

The mapset will be updated soon™ lol

Edit: Changed some words xD idek why am I writing this line
Ciyus Miapah

Overall mapping quality
[list]
Several overmapped patterns throughout the whole set lower quality of the set to a questionable level and cause unpleasant feeedback while playing.
[*]In Fort's Insane 00:06:732 (10) -00:52:835 (4) - 00:56:365 (12) - overmapping is this overmapping bother you at insane? this overmapping is okay especially on Insane diff with high AR
will take a look map later for deeper analyze :)
VINXIS
do we like contest the dq or wot cuz i ahvent chekd my shit yet but it looks like everything's rejected aside for my part xd
Arcubin

VINXIS wrote:

do we like contest the dq or wot cuz i ahvent chekd my shit yet but it looks like everything's rejected aside for my part xd
Honestly, it's not necessary to use widescreen. Cause afaik it's not affect the video so much (unless you want to watch video while playing)
Topic Starter
HootOwlStar
Okay. Let's make the ranking process slow but smooth first.

May contest for a clear explanation using the "Contest a Disqualification" form for the quality part, not sure yet. Won't contest anymore. The mapset will be updated with the fixes of the issues stated in the disqualification notice.

May not update the mapset or won't update the mapset so soon, although my previous post states that it will be. Not sure yet. Will update as soon as the issues are discussed and fixed.

May edit this post if there are mistakes above, not sure yet too.
VINXIS
ok i think that was literally the only overmap for my diff and i changed it so lol

http://puu.sh/jwoNe/2f9c7b641b.osu
Flask
這...我沒辦法orz..
Virgo
Go to rank lol
riffy
Just stopping by to mention that the videos (while combined with SBs) are cut to 4:3 when the widescreen support thing is disabled.

sheela
So.

1. A tool detects that sb/thumbs.db is unused. I guess you should delete it.
  2. Gray Veyron changed his name to Cerulean Veyron, so just add the Cerulean part in the tags, and voilà.

Fix the points above and this map will advance! Call me!
Topic Starter
HootOwlStar

sheela901 wrote:

So.

1. A tool detects that sb/thumbs.db is unused. I guess you should delete it. I didn't find it in the song folder?
  2. Gray Veyron changed his name to Cerulean Veyron, so just add the Cerulean part in the tags, and voilà. Alright.

Fix the points above and this map will advance! Call me!
Updated.
HappyRocket88
go go go! \o.o
Rirakusu
@HootOwlStar

Thumbs.db is by right a hidden file, generated by Windows in every folder where thumbnails are used (no matter video picture PowerPoint pdf wth file that Windows can generate a thumbnail).

Keeping it won't hurt much I think, and osu! should ignore it during upload (plus no point of removing it as it will appear again lol).
sheela
Yep yep.
ReFaller
Go Hoot Go! I and my sister are waiting for rank this map!
Double kudosu shoot no jutsu!
sheela
Be-boop.
Flask
uguu go
Sonnyc
regrats after a long time. Good luck~
orza6006
Hopefully it'll pass into ranked with no issues this time, even with my old and kinda bad difficulty
DreaM117er
不知不覺就飛了 :)
Graz your First rank
Topic Starter
HootOwlStar
Officially ranked :3 Thanks to all of you guys
sheela
Ah, finally!
Topic Starter
HootOwlStar
Should be doing this before anyway. I guess this post will be a perfect ending to this page or thread.
Thanks to all the people who give support and contribution to the mapset. Special appreciation goes to:
  1. Gray Veyron, VINXIS, orza6006 and Fort for making extraordinary guest difficulties
  2. Arcubin for the amazing lyrical storyboard
  3. jinhang_ang for making a difficulty and providing the video file
  4. sheela for providing BPM + offset + bubble + lots of stuff
  5. Flask for getting the mapset qualified and ranked
  6. and all the modders and supporters who have given suggestions and concerns!
Hope you guys enjoy the mapset!
ac8129464363
no problem my friend
Cerulean Veyron
That's one "extraordinary" bump, bud :) :) :) :)
VINXIS
ur an extraordinary bump
uzzi

VINXIS wrote:

ur an extraordinary bump
shut