forum

run osu on virtualbox

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mickeyandkaka
now I have to work with ubuntu.but I'm really love osu
I wonder can I play osu on virtualbox that make the fps >=120 fps?
PS: I don't want to use wine,because some one told me that fps is to low.... I wonder is it the truth?

my computer : ubuntu i5-430M 8G 128SSD GT335M
Flanster
Playing games on VMs is a bit dodgy, not all manage to run in a stable state, wine is probably your best bet. Give them both a try though and see the results!
Don't forget to install Guest Additions on your VM for 3D graphics and 2D video acceleration support.
- Marco -
You can play osu! from ubuntu

t/14614
benjanyan
-
Howl

marcostudios wrote:

You can play osu! from ubuntu

t/14614

mickeyandkaka wrote:

PS: I don't want to use wine,because some one told me that fps is to low.... I wonder is it the truth?
Ephemeral
osu! runs under wine with corefonts and dotnetfx20 tricks installed quite happily.

(add gdiplus tricks if you're getting dodgy text rendering issues)
iotRL
My laptop with Intel i5 and HD3000 ran osu decently in a VirtualBox XP, but there was a >140ms latency which made it pretty much unplayable.
Flanster
Not to mention that I couldn't get it to run above 60fps even with limiter to 120 and above.
ErunamoJAZZ
in a laptop, osu with wine is unplayable because audio delay (In a "monster" desktop run a bit better). Virtualbox does not help either, because a laptop does not work well.
chong601
Have you tried VMware Player? It gives ~70% fps compared to osu! on actual PC
But anyway, running osu! on VM isn't gonna be the best replacement (even on VMware expect 100-200 ms audio delay)
Either pick Wine method or just get a decent 2nd hand laptop or PC and play from there :)