community forum

The Road to Cookiezi-Tier

posted
Total Posts
2,105
show more
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

XGeneral2000 wrote:

My advice to you is to do the same. Can you beat Cookiezi? Of course you can. Cookiezi is just clicking circles. Everyone here is. There's no thermodynamic law of the universe preventing you from clicking circles. Don't sit at the drawing board all day theorizing. Don't tell us you can do it. Just go do it. Your rank will speak for itself.
While I understand what you're getting at, I'm not exactly doing this for myself. Granted, it's great people are supportive and critical of my goal, but the point was to do exactly as you stated; a lot of people are capable of reaching Cookiezi in time. It's just that I don't like it when people look at #1 and say "Well, I guess there's no point in trying to reach the top anymore".

I'll share my own story before Osu! if you would care to read. You don't have to though.

I've always seen the scenario I described above and in your post many times I any game with a leader board. I'm always out there to prove others wrong that it's possible to be one of the best if you just believe in yourself and train hard.

I've proven this plenty, the biggest of them being Starcraft 2 and League of Legends. I even played another music game called "Feel the Beats" and it basically played like Osu!Mania. I hit Top 100 on the leaderboards on Feel the Beats (rank 97 before I quit) and I could have probably gone higher, but by then the message was received by those that were skeptical. For Starcraft 2, it was the same, I told others I'd hit Master league (this was before Grandmaster was a thing) and told them they could too, but the feedback was different. After hitting Master league, the skeptics stayed skeptical and would rather sit there arguing reasons I did what I did instead of going out and improving for themselves. I quit Starcraft 2 promptly after that because the community didn't believe hard enough. For League of Legends, I did not speak a word to others that they were capable of hitting Diamond League because their community was much like Starcraft 2's. I just wanted to have fun at that point, but occasionally I would spurt those ambitious words out to my friends and well....I was ridiculed just the same, so I proved them wrong and hit Diamond League (I will continue to climb the ladder in LoL eventually).

Consider this then a pinnacle of my efforts to battle against pessimism and low self-esteem, because I promise you, I won't leave (you probably heard that too) until I reach a level most people would appreciate. I don't know exactly how long it will take, but I don't want to be grouped with failures (sorry if that's offensive to anyone).

BUT this is only reaching out to those that want to be the best they can. I understand a lot of people play for fun and don't stomach the competitive aspects of games well, and that's completely understandable too.
Vuelo Eluko
Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you.

there's been hundreds of would-be cookiezi threads and noone has actually accomplished it. so you shouldn't be surprised at the discouraging attitudes from people who have good reason for it. History repeats.

Are you different? Only time will tell. Overwhelming statistics say no.
GlennCampbell
y0l0
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you.

there's been hundreds of would-be cookiezi threads and noone has actually accomplished it. so you shouldn't be surprised at the discouraging attitudes from people who have good reason for it. History repeats.

Are you different? Only time will tell. Overwhelming statistics say no.
As of now, my PP and ranking doesn't really say much about where I am. So I wish to base it off achievements and my success. Eventually my PP will align, but as I see it, I seem to be improving faster than my Ranking can measure.
TheVileOne
The people near the top of the ranks would have already reach cookiezi's level if it were as simple to reach his level. You could get close with enough effort, but even you have not become the number 1 player of any game yet. It's just a matter of how much you work at it, and be aware that cookiezi has doubletime FC'd maps that literally noone else has doubletimed before. cookiezi is probably the only player to have passed deltamax.

Number 1 in this game is pretty much putting you above several million players, and the number of the people who can played near your level is a single digit number.

I'm not trying to discourage you. rrty needs company anyways. I just hope you realize just how much more skillful he was compared to any other player, even rrty our current leader.
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

TheVileOne wrote:

The people near the top of the ranks would have already reach cookiezi's level if it were as simple to reach his level. You could get close with enough effort, but even you have not become the number 1 player of any game yet. It's just a matter of how much you work at it, and be aware that cookiezi has doubletime FC'd maps that literally noone else has double timed before. cookiezi is probably the only player to have passed deltamax.
I seem to hear that players like rrtyui and WWW have little need to improve because they're already at the top? I'm sure they can pull of what Cookiezi has done, I'm certain of it, but there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to right?

Again, my goal is not Rank 1, that will take a good portion of time to get high scores on many songs. When you say "cookiezi is probably the only player to have passed deltamax" then I take that as another item to add to my quest. As I recall, cookiezi wasn't always Rank 1, but a lot of people consider him to be.
Vuelo Eluko

Woobowiz wrote:

I seem to hear that players like rrtyui and WWW have little need to improve because they're already at the top? I'm sure they can pull of what Cookiezi has done, I'm certain of it, but there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to right?

Again, my goal is not Rank 1, that will take a good portion of time to get high scores on many songs. When you say "cookiezi is probably the only player to have passed deltamax" then I take that as another item to add to my quest. As I recall, cookiezi wasn't always Rank 1, but a lot of people consider him to be.
they can't just will themselves to cookiezi's level it's not as simple as you think it's going to be. And anyway i wouldn't believe that bit about deltamax there's at least people in the tens/one hundred rank who can pass it [of course not nearly as convincingly as he did with 95% and single digit misses]. maybe im wrong though and you're thinking of a different map becuase im pretty sure he played more than one.

go for it
Saint_old
gl man im looking forward to see a non-asian guy as #1 again
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Saint wrote:

gl man im looking forward to see a non-asian guy as #1 again
....I'm South Korean :?
Vuelo Eluko

Saint wrote:

gl man im looking forward to see a non-asian guy as #1 again
thats messed
Luna

Woobowiz wrote:

I seem to hear that players like rrtyui and WWW have little need to improve because they're already at the top? I'm sure they can pull of what Cookiezi has done, I'm certain of it, but there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to right?
Trust me, rrtyui tries his hardest to get the best scores he can. Look at his top played maps, thousands of retries on single maps just to push the limits of his skills. And now to put Cookiezi's skill into perspective (since you weren't around when he played) - those crazy scores rrtyui took hundreds or even thousands of plays to achieve were easily beaten by Cookiezi with just a few retries. Every time he played, he'd set ridiculous #1 scores. He HDHR FC'd Dragonforce Legend maps in literally 10 tries in his prime (I was there and spectated it live).
Vuelo Eluko
im quite sad that I only got to experience a little bit of cookie before he left.
Saint_old

Woobowiz wrote:

Saint wrote:

gl man im looking forward to see a non-asian guy as #1 again
....I'm South Korean :?
yea i thought youd say something like that

america i guess
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

Saint wrote:

yea i thought youd say something like that

america i guess
I mean, granted I was born in L.A. and lived in the US all my life......'murrica
Breiz

Woobowiz wrote:

I seem to hear that players like rrtyui and WWW have little need to improve because they're already at the top? I'm sure they can pull of what Cookiezi has done, I'm certain of it, but there doesn't seem to be much of a reason to right?
is this real
XGeneral2000

Woobowiz wrote:

While I understand what you're getting at, I'm not exactly doing this for myself. Granted, it's great people are supportive and critical of my goal, but the point was to do exactly as you stated; a lot of people are capable of reaching Cookiezi in time. It's just that I don't like it when people look at #1 and say "Well, I guess there's no point in trying to reach the top anymore".
Believe it or not, I'm actually an optimist at heart. I feel the same way you do regarding pessimism. I hate it when people write themselves off as failures before they've even had a chance to see what they can do. But even more, I hate it when people act like they've already finished before they've even started. It's pretty insulting to be told that "anyone can do what you do," especially if you've put a lot of time into mastering a skill. I'm not saying you're like that, of course - based on what you've said, it sounds more like confidence from past success rather than arrogance from ignorance. But you can see where I'm coming from.

The big point of what I was saying (which I think you understood) is that everything is possible, but it all takes time, and basically everyone I've ever met (maybe not you, based on your past experience) found out later that the time and sacrifice it took was way higher than they anticipated. Eventually, it became clear to them that it was simply not worth it for them, and that other things were more important. That's fine, but it's also disappointing, especially when I consider that the time they spent was essentially wasted, and that they would likely repeat the cycle in other ventures.

In the end, it wasn't that the dream was impossible. It was just that the person dreaming wasn't a person who could realize them. Maybe they comprehended the dream itself, and understood what it would take, but they failed to correctly evaluate themselves.

From what you've told me about your previous gaming experiences, it sounds like you've got a leg up on most people I know. If you feel like you can do this, that you really know yourself and what you - not generic "anyone" - can do, then go for it. I don't mean that sarcastically, or the way people talk to children. I mean that sincerely, because I'm tired of people never living up to words spoken in the heat of the moment, and it would make me very happy indeed if you broke the trend.

(Btw, unrelated, but I'm also South Korean lol)
mcdoomfrag

Woobowiz wrote:

As I recall, cookiezi wasn't always Rank 1, but a lot of people consider him to be.
Where did you get that impression? As some have already pointed out, cookiezi in his prime was undoubtedly the best player at the time. We aren't talking about being Grandmaster at Starcraft, or Challenger at League of Legends (If you wanted that, you should have aimed for top 50), but being the best and crushing all competition while your'e at it. That's why people take to offense why you roll right in claiming to become the next Cookiezi.
xasuma
spending this much time in the forums sure isn't going to help you become cookiezi-tier, Kappa .

:idea:
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

mcdoomfrag wrote:

Woobowiz wrote:

As I recall, cookiezi wasn't always Rank 1, but a lot of people consider him to be.
Where did you get that impression? As some have already pointed out, cookiezi in his prime was undoubtedly the best player at the time. We aren't talking about being Grandmaster at Starcraft, or Challenger at League of Legends (If you wanted that, you should have aimed for top 50), but being the best and crushing all competition while your'e at it. That's why people take to offense why you roll right in claiming to become the next Cookiezi.
First comes those that take offense.
It would make me so happy to turn that offense into acceptance or better yet, inspiration. So I just HAVE to try my best and give it 100%
Topic Starter
Woobowiz

xasuma wrote:

spending this much time in the forums sure isn't going to help you become cookiezi-tier, Kappa .

:idea:
Typing out a research paper right now, no time to play, the semester's almost over and Summer will start in 1-2 weeks. Summer is where the real stuff begins.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply