forum

(friend name) has just beat your score in (song name).

posted
Total Posts

would you like this?

Yes.
64.71%
No.
20.59%
I don't care.
14.71%
Total votes: 34
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3
Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji
I think it would be cool to put some sort of alert like that into osu!.
It would probably be annoying if you got PM's, so maybe something that is just when you're in game, to spur on friendly competition?
Derekku
Eh, I'm against this. With more than a couple of friends, one would constantly be getting messages and it'd be more annoying than useful imo.
anonymous_old

Derekku Chan wrote:

Eh, I'm against this. With more than a couple of friends, one would constantly be getting messages and it'd be more annoying than useful imo.
You're my friend. <3
Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji
[_] Disable competition notifications.
Derekku
woo more toggles

[/sarcasm]
bmin11
Sure, why not? I think this is an idea :I
Toggle would help the prevent frustration as he suggested
anonymous_old
Argument against a toggle:

Why create a feature and let everyone disable it?
Sleep Powder
I don't see it as useful really...I just look at the scoreboards.
Jinxy
Not useful.
Gemi

strager wrote:

Because different people have different tastes, and games are meant to be fun. Your argument is a bad argument. There are other case-by-case arguments that are good against toggles for specific options, but this is not.
ignorethis
Personally I think this is not needed.
Jeffro
+1

Its hard to keep track of alllll those maps you have :P
anonymous_old

Gemi wrote:

strager wrote:

Because different people have different tastes, and games are meant to be fun. Your argument is a bad argument. There are other case-by-case arguments that are good against toggles for specific options, but this is not.
Three people currently have posted support. Five posted against it. I have a feeling many many people will disable it.
Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji
Does something have to be useful to be a positive asset to a game? Of course not.
I think this would introduce something new to rank whores, and it would be a nice addition.

Of course, it all boils down to whether or not peppy likes it.
Jeffro

Gemi wrote:

strager wrote:

Yes but the argument that you can just look at the scoreboard means you have to check ALL the maps you have a good rank on. If you're pretty good it will be quite alot. Even though this doesnt even have to be a alert but maybe just something on the webpage where you can see if someone passed you. (instead of just lost rank 1 only)
Gemi

strager wrote:

Gemi wrote:

Three people currently have posted support. Five posted against it. I have a feeling many many people will disable it.
"Many" is not "most". Although 8 people is hardly any evidence in either direction, a 5-3 spread to me seems pretty even, which would mean that people would spread quite evenly to those who want the feature and those who don't, and that's a good place for a toggle.

I'm not commenting on this case specifically really, I'm making a more general point.
ShaggoN

Derekku Chan wrote:

That's right. That would be more popups. I can't put up with them already. :x
Somebody is online
That why i'm not supporting this. :( Sry
anonymous_old
I'd be fine if this was on the profile on the web (along with "you lost #1!" notices).
Topic Starter
Nakata Yuji

strager wrote:

I'd be fine if this was on the profile on the web (along with "you lost #1!" notices).
That would actually work better.
Something like the ranking charts per song, maybe?
qlum
just make a poll to see how many people are going to use this
show more