forum

[confirmed] Not seeing myself in friend ranking when spectating

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RagingCactus
Problem Details: Most of the time I don't see my own score in friend ranking when i watch my friends play. Sometimes I do see my own rank, but I was not able to find any pattern in this behaviour. I do know, however, that it does not depend on the beatmap, as I saw my score once but after stopping and resuming spectating it was gone.

osu! version: 20140410.5 (latest)
Topic Starter
RagingCactus
Today I tried to reproduce the issue again and I think I found the pattern. I started with restarting osu and watching a friend play:
Note that my name does not show up in the ranking. Now i stopped spectating and looked at the beatmap in the song selection:
Note that I do have a score in friend ranking! After that I started spectating my friend again:
Now I see my own score in the ranking!

I would appreciate if you look into the issue as it would be really convenient to compare a freind's score to mine while spectating.
Nathanael
It only shows up when spectating the user for the second time?
Topic Starter
RagingCactus
It only shows up when I looked at the map the user is playing in song selection before. Re-spectating without doing this does not help.
Nathanael
So spectating the user without checking the beatmap first won't show our own ranking while spectating?
Topic Starter
RagingCactus
This is correct, yes. I need to check back with my friend, however, whether it is sufficient to check the map just once in the osu session or if I need to check it right before spectating. If I remember correctly checking once in the session does the trick though. Just to be clear, I need to check the map he is playing - not just any map - to make my score visible.

Edit: Just looking at the map once per session fixes the issue for the specific difficulty I looked at
Topic Starter
RagingCactus
Bump, the issue is still persisting. Please tell me if you can't reproduce so i can specify more details if necessary.
Topic Starter
RagingCactus
Bump
Topic Starter
RagingCactus
At least tell me what to do to get this confirmed as a bug please...
TheVileOne
I will look into it. No further details are necessary.
Topic Starter
RagingCactus
Thanks for looking into this!
TheVileOne
I was thinking about this. Why does it make sense to show your score in friends ranking if you are not a friend to yourself. I'm pretty sure the part of code that shows your personal best in the rankings is buggy.
Topic Starter
RagingCactus
I think it makes sense to be able to compare your own score to the score of your friends, personally I think this the the whole point of the Friend Ranking. I think this is intended as this is what the Friend Ranking in the beatmap selection menu shows. It's just in spectator mode that my own score doesn't want to show up.
TheVileOne
Finally got around to testing this. Your rank just decides to disappear.
Topic Starter
RagingCactus
Alright, thanks for confirming this :)
peppy
Fixed next build.
Topic Starter
RagingCactus
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, but if the fix is supposed to be in the current test build (20140516.4test) it is not working, I still have to look at the Beatmap in the selection menu in order to see my own score in spectator mode

Edit: issue still persisting in build 20140522.10
TheVileOne
The behavior is still not correct. I can see my personal best appear, but my friend ranking score will also appear sometimes. It wont appear every time.

Topic Starter
RagingCactus
I would like to add that sometimes I still don't see my personal best (looking at the map in song selection fixes this for the specific map like before) in addition to the issue TheVileOne describes. This time, however, I could not find a reliable way to reproduce the issue, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

Also thanks to TheVileOne for reopening this :)
Nyquill
I couldn't replicate this. Does it have something to do with you being the last entry in the scoreboard?
show more