forum

Things you didn't know about osu for a bit that you should?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Chippy
Just curious if there are some things that people didn't know about Osu until a couple months into playing.

For me mine was I didn't know that there was a thing to make the 100 hitframe smaller, I thought that was a set thing for every map.
TuckingFypo
I didn't know that the edit mode in osu allowed you to practice certain sections of songs

I still neglect to use it whenever I'm stuck on a song
TheVileOne
I bet many don't know you can search for specific BPMs and and difficulty stats in the search using <abbreviated name><>=<value>
Justin Cretible
I didn't know you could enable the hit error meter in the options menu until 2 weeks ago. It really helped me understand if I'm going too fast/slow on streams.
Topic Starter
Chippy

TuckingFypo wrote:

I didn't know that the edit mode in osu allowed you to practice certain sections of songs

I never thought of using it like that. I still wouldn't use it aswell, though :p
hehe

Chippy wrote:

TuckingFypo wrote:

I never thought of using it like that. I still wouldn't use it aswell, though :p
I really only use it to see the rhythm of the beats if I can't get it. saving as a new difficulty for the part you're having trouble with is better
Nathanael
I bet many don't know that they can refresh their skins by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S.
Rewben2
How OD works

You need to push your limits to improve, I spent way too long S'ing hards/insanes which weren't difficult for me and it was ultimately a waste of time and I barely got better by doing it, if I had spent that time playing hard insanes or DT'ing hards I would be in a better spot now without a doubt

I didn't use a transparent skin for a long time, it helps
tfg50
I heard that od influences the spinners in some way a few days ago. Also, I didn't know that you can turn off the dots/line conecting the circles in a combo and I have no idea what that "snaking slider" or whatever does.
nrl

tfg50 wrote:

Also, I didn't know that you can turn off the dots/line conecting the circles in a combo
Why would you ever want to though? Followpoints are insanely useful for any kind of jumping, and if yours are too obstructive you can just edit them.
Mathsma

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

tfg50 wrote:

Also, I didn't know that you can turn off the dots/line conecting the circles in a combo
Why would you ever want to though? Followpoints are insanely useful for any kind of jumping, and if yours are too obstructive you can just edit them.
For some they are just extra clutter on the screen. Metro doesn't play with them on and I think he even advocates to turn them off. I like them, but others have different preferences.
Zare

Nathanael wrote:

I bet many don't know that they can refresh their skins by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Shift + S.
Holy crap this is awesome

2 years in never heard about that
Noobsicle
you can use spacebar to skip the song intro

thanks aesthetic skin :>
piruchan

Nathanael wrote:

And I've wasted all my time closing osu! just to change my cursor.
VoidnOwO
I had no idea how to use nightcore instead of doubletime.
silmarilen
i didnt know you could take screenshots with f12 untill like 2 years in
Dexus

silmarilen wrote:

i didnt know you could take screenshots with f12 untill like 2 years in
I didn't know for a long time you could upload the screenshot as well with Shift + F12
Astar
I didn't know what does AR, OD, BPM or FC mean and what they do until I got into top 500. I just played ignoring those things. ;;
Zare

Astar wrote:

I didn't know what does AR, OD, BPM or FC mean and what they do until I got into top 500. I just played ignoring those things. ;;
You're my hero.
silmarilen
ii didnt know what they ment for ages aswell, but not that long :P
show more