Total Posts
show more
Vuelo Eluko
its really freaking hard to hold a combo on
i dont know

300?
Topic Starter
DJAlex
Ugh....DT an Insane...with my actual playcount...would be around 1/1km(1000x1000000)?

Note(#OnTopic): Erm...I died when I saw that you said combo 300...
Vuelo Eluko
Well that would be a 'good' combo. I can't really pass it with higher than an 80 combo at my current level.

highest was 123 but ended up failing

never too early to learn dt, speed is everything
ksg
Bassist Vinyl, please try to atleast have a clue about what you're talking about before trying to give advice.
There's no point DTing insanes before being able to actually play them with no mods.
If you play with DT/HR too much while trying to learn how to play, you'll end up unable to read anything that's under Approach Rate 10, which is just incredibly stupid.

OP: Just play a lot of different maps and keep challenging yourself, and you'll improve. You don't need to play any specific maps (nor mods) to get better.
Weed
concentrate on playing instead of letting your mind wander, focus!
mcdoomfrag
Don't make the mistake of attempting to FC one particular map; More than likely, you'll end up frustrated and annoyed at the game, more than improved.

My advice would be to find a good mix of maps which you are close to FCing, and cycle through them everyday. Slowly but surely you'll improve to the point of FCing each one with ease.

Btw, there are no songs for improving combo or accuracy. Both are skills that come with time and focus, irregardless of the map you are playing. My only advice would be to find maps that are a length out of your comfort zone, to improve your focus. I used to be/still am terrible at longer maps, because I'd only attempt to FC 'Tv size' maps. Also, for accuracy, in my opinion playing hidden helps sometimes. It forces you to rely on rhythm in order to hit 300s, because it reduces your dependency on visual confirmation of when to hit circles.
Noobsicle
download a crapload of the latest beatmap packs and play the insanes of each and every map
speed/accuracy/aim will come to you as you play more (speed takes the longest to improve on so don't worry too much about it i think)
also add songs that you enjoy playing to collections so that you can go through them and improve even more

for someone unable to fc insanes, i don't see how playing a 248bpm map would help, heck even i find it hell difficult as it is
Vuelo Eluko

ks- wrote:

you'll end up unable to read anything that's under Approach Rate 10, which is just incredibly
you say that like its a bad thing
Dexus
play 140bpm (or slightly higher, generally you want slow to start) insanes (OD>=7 only, ar can be anything) and focus on getting as little 100's as possible. Think as to why you're getting them and how you can correct them. As you start to get more accurate you can move up to higher speeds.

The key is knowing your mistakes and how to correct them. It gets more and more difficult the faster you go so you really can't learn much by doing something way out of your capability.

People who can't play under ar10 are playing based on reactions and it's a very very poor way to play; it will frustrate you a LOT later on. Learn to expand your reading ability and the game gets a lot easier and less stressful.
Vuelo Eluko
but you can get to top 5 just by knowing 10.3
Soarezi

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

but you can get to top 5 just by knowing 10.3
I'd rather be the best than be good at one thing

And every single person in Top 5 are incredibly amazing at every aspect of the game, not only speed. Being good at speed is good, but being good at everything else aswell? Best.
Vuelo Eluko
with the head start in amount of time theyve been playing it would be impossible to get a spot up there for a newer player by doing everything, more fruitful would be doing the thing ppv2 seems to think matters most
Soarezi

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

with the head start in amount of time theyve been playing it would be impossible to get a spot up there for a newer player by doing everything, more fruitful would be doing the thing ppv2 seems to think matters most
You still won't surpass them, it would take more than 2 years, that is if there aren't any active top players.
Topic Starter
DJAlex
Well guys, back on topic. Noticed 2 things:

First, I miss notes whenever I see my combo marker pass the 500x(Need a transparent one)

Second, I need focus. A lot of it.

Any good songs for being focused?

BTW, to everyone that said that I should do things slowly, I did twice long ago, didn't found anything. But at higher BPMs my accuracy and combo goes boom(down).

TY everyone :D
Vuelo Eluko
don't confuse being focused with over-thinking the map, it's easier if you just let go, almost zone out. Pay attention but don't think about it.

To think is to miss.
mcdoomfrag
Look, just like the other dozens of players that post in these forums looking for some miracle breakthrough, you are way over thinking this. There aren't any special tips or remedies to suddenly become good at this game. Stop looking for the 'secret' to becoming good at this game, since it's right in front of your eyes: Just play the damn game. Over and over and over and over again. That's all there is to it. Especially at 5000 play count, you are still way too early to be complaining about your abilities. And obviously playing higher BPMs will hinder your accuracy and combo, that's like switching from normal to hard mode in a game and asking why you are losing more.
Topic Starter
DJAlex
Oh god, when did I ask for the secret technique that I know that doesn't exist... I asked for some maps for training, god's sake...
usa
listen to dexus for in-depth technical explanation.
you seem to have a problem in reading, and you're going to have improve it by playing a bunch of different insanes.
i doubt people will feed you maps on forums so try multi rooms that play insanes to get different kinds of maps.

also specializing in one thing is a great way to get dumpstered in multi by people with ranks much lower than yours.
that rank 500 will reaaaaaaally help you when you play anything less than ar10.
Topic Starter
DJAlex

usa wrote:

you seem to have a problem in reading, and you're going to have improve it by playing a bunch of different insanes.
i doubt people will feed you maps on forums so try multi rooms that play insanes to get different kinds of maps.

also specializing in one thing is a great way to get dumpstered in multi by people with ranks much lower than yours.
Well, didn't get your explanation, but I can say this: I can read almost all AR's, IDK if I can read 1-6, because I don't remember having tried them. I don't play by reflex, and yep, I can read AR9. My issues start at the middle of an insane, suddenly I make a random miss because of a stupid miss(like a single note, or end of a slider/start, or hitting 6x on a 7x burst.

Other issues are 0108's style Etna's sliders, if they're rapid in succession and used with 1 Etna, 1 note and another Etna.
Vuelo Eluko

Soarezi wrote:

Consistency.
usa

DJAlex323 wrote:

usa wrote:

Well, didn't get your explanation, but I can say this: I can read almost all AR's, IDK if I can read 1-6, because I don't remember having tried them. I don't play by reflex, and yep, I can read AR9. My issues start at the middle of an insane, suddenly I make a random miss because of a stupid miss(like a single note, or end of a slider/start, or hitting 6x on a 7x burst.

Other issues are 0108's style Etna's sliders, if they're rapid in succession and used with 1 Etna, 1 note and another Etna.
uh no, you mean you can react to most AR's.

reading is generalized, and basically means how well you can read the flow of the map, rhythm, and notes in advance.
having good reading will make it less likely you lose focus or track of notes, and basically makes it so you don't make stupid misses like those as frequently.
there's also the issue of whether you have the mechanics of certain patterns down.

saying you can read ar9 means you can sightread AR9 (play most AR9 maps very well without having played the maps before) with their respective bpms and patterns.
Topic Starter
DJAlex
Well, didn't knew that was the cause, I thought it was the nerves I get when FCing anything...

Thanks for the reminder, gonna go back to AR8 hards for accuracy, and random spamming of insane compilations for AR9...

I still can't play looking at chat in AR9(That's my way of checking if I can sightread)
nrl

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Starting at the basics and building your way up is how you do the thing ppv2 values most. Because of the way ppv2 works, you'll need to work your way up to playing the most complex maps out there at ar10 to even have a shot at the top 5, and that means you have to actually be able to read the most complex maps osu! has to offer. Those maps are generally ar9, which means you'll be learning to read them on ar9, not 10.
Vuelo Eluko

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Starting at the basics and building your way up is how you do the thing ppv2 values most. Because of the way ppv2 works, you'll need to work your way up to playing the most complex maps out there at ar10 to even have a shot at the top 5, and that means you have to actually be able to read the most complex maps osu! has to offer. Those maps are generally ar9, which means you'll be learning to read them on ar9, not 10.
what i mean is, you can get up there in the double digit ranks simply knowing how to read one ar: 10.3 which is ar9+dt.
nrl

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

what i mean is, you can get up there in the double digit ranks simply knowing how to read one ar: 10.3 which is ar9+dt.
I highly, highly doubt it. Top 1000, maybe, but absolutely not double digits.
Vuelo Eluko

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

some of the most valuable pp plays are ar9+dt's like remote control
nrl

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

You're missing the point. You have to learn to read that level of map, and you do that at ar9, not ar10.3. Playing maps you can't read at an ar you aren't comfortable with is never a good idea.
Vuelo Eluko
you can learn it and then once comfortable with it forgo it entirely. I thought we were assuming that people weren't just going to completely skip learning but rather avoid -mastering- less useful skills
Dexus
You'll find out the hard way that you're playing this game wrong; wait for it to happen. I know I learned my lesson and I was just trying to share my advice. You'll be a fucking horrible player if you think spamming 10.3 only from the start will make you any good. You'll take forever to overcome the giant learning curve and learn poor habits that you may never take notice of to fix. Now granted there are some players who are just straight up gifted but there's a reason they are the ones who end up really high rank and it's NOT JUST because they spam 10.3.

Please stop trying to give advice when clearly you have no experience to back it up nor know what you're talking about.

Thread derailed.
Vuelo Eluko
my point is that if you master 10.3 theres no reason to focus on anything else because thats where the ranks are
emphasis on "master"
like i said last post its assumed you'll at least "learn" the prerequisites
idk what ur saying
Rewben2

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

NarrillNezzurh wrote:

freedom dive is ar9

just dt freedom dive lol 2ez

Of course you can GET double digits by playing ar10.3, you could easily get more than 10,000 pp by solely playing it. Being able to read ar10.3 isn't going to get you anywhere on its own though, you need other skills to back it up. rrtyui can fc remote control with double time not because he's able to read 10.3, he can do it because he has the aim and speed to do so. Hell, you don't even need to be able to sightread 10.3 to get a high rank, you can memorise to a certain extent.

Mastering 10.3 on its own is useless. If you jumped straight into 10.3, you would struggle with reading lower AR's and you would probably never know how to do long and lower bpm streams properly because 10.3 maps usually just have burst streams and are high bpm. I'm sure there are a bunch of other things you will not learn to do properly if you started by playing 10.3. There's no good players that is known for being able to do a single thing exceptionally and not be able to do other things, they are all good at all categories.

Lastly, dting ar9 is usually fast and hard. OP is rank 60k, he's going to be able to do less than 5% of ar9 maps with dt because most ar9 maps are insanes. He doesn't have the aim/speed to back up playing maps that are going to be ar10.3, what on earth made you think recommending it is a good idea? You need to gradually improve to play hard stuff, playing it off the bat is bad advice.
Vuelo Eluko
i said to learn the stuff before for 3 of my previous posts now..
amfg im done
Rewben2

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

i said to learn the stuff before for 3 of my previous posts now..
amfg im done
Except you're RECOMMENDING IT TO SOMEONE WHO IS RANK 60K.

SOMEONE WHO IS RANK 60K WILL NOT HAVE LEARNT THOSE THINGS YET.
AegisFTW
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/71561
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/46084
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/45720
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/53301
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/59345 (Nemis' Insane)

Sorry if they're too hard, not all of them are on the same level though, some are harder to read but slower, some are fast and are easier to read, some have small jumps, some have big jumps.

Honestly, FCing most of the time isn't something you usually strive for your rank, it just "happens", assuming if you just got into insanes you since might need some more time to get used to reading insanes first.

Sorry the thread got derailed, if you like any of the maps though, I'm sure I can find more.
mcdoomfrag

DJAlex323 wrote:

Oh god, when did I ask for the secret technique that I know that doesn't exist... I asked for some maps for training, god's sake...
You want people to recommend maps for focusing/keeping combo, but consistency and focus are things that come with time, not forum posts/map recommendations. Believe me, all your answers lie either in the game or threads that already exist.
Topic Starter
DJAlex

AegisFTW wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/71561
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/46084
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/45720
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/53301
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/59345 (Nemis' Insane)

Sorry if they're too hard, not all of them are on the same level though, some are harder to read but slower, some are fast and are easier to read, some have small jumps, some have big jumps.

Honestly, FCing most of the time isn't something you usually strive for your rank, it just "happens", assuming if you just got into insanes you since might need some more time to get used to reading insanes first.

Sorry the thread got derailed, if you like any of the maps though, I'm sure I can find more.

O.o Thanks! Been playing insane for 4 months +, I can clear some easy extras and 95% of the insanes.

BTW, as you can see in my signature, I'm underranked. Look at my profile and you'll see that around 30-50 of my pp are from an Insane(Parousia on kevincela's Another+HD).

Well, maybe I'll take some time to send you guys some replays.

Right, and my rank doesn't comes from actual skill. Comes from my lack of play time(2 hours daily, and I loop the hardest maps I have and I can pass while almost dying).

Also, my problems start when everything is out of my comfort zone. That's around Insane AR9 200BPM with only 5x+ burst streams, with a jump speed of around 200-400%(talking in terms of jump compilation)
mcdoomfrag

DJAlex323 wrote:

Right, and my rank doesn't comes from actual skill. Comes from my lack of play time(2 hours daily, and I loop the hardest maps I have and I can pass while almost dying)
Well there's your problem. What I can gather from your posts and top performances is that your'e one of those players who likes to clear maps which are wildly out of your reach and be satisfied with a 94%. Well, that's probably the reason you lack accuracy/focus. Don't be satisfied with passes, because accuracy is as important as any other part of this game. Before moving on to Another (and Extras? at 5000 play count?), settle down on some hard/insane maps and make sure you work to get an FC with at least 97%. Of course your'e going to be bad at something if you have never practiced it.

2 hours a day is more than enough to get good at this game, your'e just not using those 2 hours well enough.
Topic Starter
DJAlex

mcdoomfrag wrote:

DJAlex323 wrote:

Right, and my rank doesn't comes from actual skill. Comes from my lack of play time(2 hours daily, and I loop the hardest maps I have and I can pass while almost dying)
Well there's your problem. What I can gather from your posts and top performances is that your'e one of those players who likes to clear maps which are wildly out of your reach and be satisfied with a 94%. Well, that's probably the reason you lack accuracy/focus. Don't be satisfied with passes, because accuracy is as important as any other part of this game. Before moving on to Another (and Extras? at 5000 play count?), settle down on some hard/insane maps and make sure you work to get an FC with at least 97%. Of course your'e going to be bad at something if you have never practiced it.

2 hours a day is more than enough to get good at this game, your'e just not using those 2 hours well enough.
TY, will practice FC's at 96.99%+ later. BTW, my first problem for getting to hards was my lack of speed/stamina/aim and other things. My accuracy fell a whole lot though. Gonna build it later. :D
Vuelo Eluko

mcdoomfrag wrote:

DJAlex323 wrote:

94% hardly seems "wildly out of reach" o-O

that kind of stuff you barely push a B on generally
mcdoomfrag
Yeah, I kind of phrased that awkwardly. What I meant was that he plays maps that are wildly out of his reach, and when he does play something a little closer to his comfort zone, he is satisfied with a 93/94%, which just barely merits the title of having "cleared" the map.
show more