forum

[invalid] [Mania] Ranking Criteria on Approval Maps

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Maiz94
I kinda surprised that no one would want to request this after Kytoxid said this.

Along with current criteria that popner mentioned ;

popner wrote:

Approved maps: gimmicky maps, tag maps. The only limit is the map should be "technically playable", no readability requirement. As a consequence, the maps don't affect pp, ranked score, accuracy(but there will be score submission and ranking boards).
I would like to request for mania-only specific maps on tweaking a lil' bit for approval maps. Current ranking criteria for mania ;

1. You are not allowed to put more than 6 notes simultaneously.
    Considering most keyboards use USB connections which do not allow 7 simultaneous presses, we make this rule to help more people enjoy the game. The end of hold notes are an exception, because they are released and not pressed.

So, allowing to put more than 6 (which means 7) notes simultaneously would be for approval maps for mania-only specific maps.
As mentioned in current ranking criteria, I do know that most of it doesn't support 7 keys to be pressed at the same time. But, that doesn't mean it couldn't be pressed at all.
I have currently using the key bindings for 7K which is [Shift],Z,X,[Space],U,I,O and it can press all of of the keys on my USB keyboard because the Shift act as Modifier key that is usable for me to press these keys. Also, Control and Alt are also usable and acted as Modifier key.

You can try those keys from this site, http://www.microsoft.com/appliedscience ... ained.mspx

Adding this feature request would satisfy most of the mania mappers including me because it will add to more creative patterns regarding the use of putting the 7 keys in a row like so ;

and many more that mappers could do as it is up to mapper's discretion.

And, this request would also enable mappers to use some of advanced/difficult/ET patterns to be used such as ;

Click me!

http://puu.sh/87Qyl.png - Viewer discretion is advised. :roll:

and much more!

-------
tl;dr

Make 7 keys pressed at the same time for mania-only specific maps added on approval maps.
deadbeat
approval is losing grounds. sounds like it's starting to merge completely with Ranked maps

Loctav wrote:

There is no formal approval option anymore. All maps will be formally ranked.
Topic Starter
Maiz94
In that case, beatmaps with longer duration and gimmicky maps would be trait as Ranked maps and still follows to the rules on current ranking criteria?
Stefan
I think that is not the right place for asking that. I think the approval category needs to be revamped for real gimmick maps.
Topic Starter
Maiz94
Well then, looks like I have to wait and see the progress on approval category. If it's still the same, I'll bump this thread after 1 month. If not, please mark this as invalid as it's related to approval maps that doesn't need anymore in ranking process.
Topic Starter
Maiz94
Seems like Approval category has been taken down after observing on some ranked maps. Mark this as invalid, please.
TheVileOne
As you wish.

Personally I don't see the big deal why people must have 7 key presses. You could just as easily have 6 key presses and leave out the center and it would play very similarly.