forum

Most important skill

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Blueprint
In your opinion what's the most important skill / something that interests you most in this game?
Aim. stream,acc etc etc I suppose the correct answer would be accuracy but what would you prefer?

Aim for me I would happily just play this game with relax if I could dance everything
usa
Zalaria
Prolly the ability to fc maps and maintaining good accuracy. I can't fc maps for the life of me atm .-.
silmarilen
probably the skill of being able to see and move one's limbs
Vuelo Eluko
Aiming is whatever. I'd like accuracy because tapping is definitely the hardest part of this game. I went as far as using my dominant hand to tap so i can have some extra brain power on it but i still struggle with acc

i think it's a playstyle problem like im too visual not enough rhythm
DeletedUser_3905941
All of them, since one wouldn't work without the use of others.
uzzi

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

Aiming is whatever. I'd like accuracy because tapping is definitely the hardest part of this game. I went as far as using my dominant hand to tap so i can have some extra brain power on it but i still struggle with acc

I see where you're getting your thoughts on accuracy being the most important, however I want to disagree.

Accuracy and aim come naturally, that's how I've seen it for the plethora of players that I've spectated as they've improved. Speed imo should be the most important, since it is the hardest to build (I'd say), and takes months of training before getting remotely decent.
Tanoc
getting a fullcombo, but accuracy is most important after that, imo
Gigo
http://ask.fm/metrokatz/answer/111162298011

The above link contains the opinions of two players. One of them (the one asking the question) is bad at osu, so his opinion doesn't matter that much. The other one (the one giving the answer) is one of the best players in the game, so his opinion carries a lot more weight.

At the end of the day, it's all subjective (like everything else).
pielak213
­
10crystalmask01
What skill interests me in osu?

Mapping
Starry-

pielak wrote:

The most important skill is speed by far. Accuracy is easy unless you're spamming your keyboard mindlessly. Aiming is stupid easy with every map getting huge circles and the ability to retry a map 1000 times until you get it right. Speed on the other hand actually requires you to train and retrying a bunch can break your hands.
Everyone will have different opinions on this based on their own playstyle.

As for me, if you don't have the aim, then speed wouldn't even matter.
B1rd
Perseverence and optimism.
[ Stellar ]
Most important skill is speed.
You have to be like sonic, or else you will bite dust.
If you don't win, you lose.

Vuelo Eluko

- [ U z z I ] - wrote:

Bassist Vinyl wrote:

I see where you're getting your thoughts on accuracy being the most important, however I want to disagree.

Accuracy and aim come naturally, that's how I've seen it for the plethora of players that I've spectated as they've improved. Speed imo should be the most important, since it is the hardest to build (I'd say), and takes months of training before getting remotely decent.
aim comes naturally, accuracy not so much, at least not for me.

i think all the nofail spamming i did when i was still new damaged me too much
kozuka
speed, anytime I feel like my speed increases everything else just gets better by default, way less 100s because you can actually keep up and snapping just feels easier...
speed, acc, jumps which goes with acc, and streaming since every single "revolutionary" map just has tons of those most often.
nooblet

pielak wrote:

The most important skill is speed by far. Accuracy is easy unless you're spamming your keyboard mindlessly. Aiming is stupid easy with every map getting huge circles and the ability to retry a map 1000 times until you get it right. Speed on the other hand actually requires you to train and retrying a bunch can break your hands.
Speed is indeed the most difficult to train, but saying accuracy and aim are stupid easy imo is exaggerating it. Yes, speed is now the most rewarding factor in the game, but that still doesn't mean accuracy and aim should be disregarded as stupid easy, though, because they aren't. Example off the top of my head - Pluto.

OT- most important skill is w/e you enjoy improving the most, because you'll spend the most time on it and it'll be your biggest source of PP.
Wishy
Reading, speed and aim come out of good reading.

Both have their physical factor but reading makes them better, I am fast but there are specific tricky maps I can't do because of my "lack of speed" (my fingers get tired) but it's actually just because I misread and get stuck/confused/etc.
RaneFire
If you want to consider what's the most important skill for getting PP... it's speed.

Although, after much deliberation over the years, I feel that speed is probably the most important anyway, but that refers to speed as a whole... your finger speed, aim speed, reading speed. Aim becomes a problem when the speed is too fast... eg. tapping hand goes out of sync, can't reach notes, etc. So I'd say aim is a factor of speed, whereas precision would just refer to how accurately you can aim, which is not very important with big circles.

Accuracy might be very important, but to call it the most important skill, would be like saying "having 20/20 vision is the most important skill" - it's something that you need to have, but it's very hard to improve.

It's good to be able to play slow stuff and be accurate no matter what you play, but the fact is that lesser players can par with you on those maps, while not being able to match up at all on faster maps for a long time to come.
PLAYER WITH RSI
speed > aim > accuracy
silmarilen

silmarilen wrote:

just wanted to add the skill to not get nervous when you're about to fc
Cozzzy
Speed >>> acc > aim

Theoretically, aim is the most important, but imo without any acc you're looking at B rank DT FC scores, no HR scores of any value etc
Vuelo Eluko

silmarilen wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

just wanted to add the skill to not get nervous when you're about to fc
So then the skill to remain focused or alternatively stay zoned out [I guess it depends on the player]
I think it's a lot easier to not get nervous by using the zoned out technique
Soarezi
Consistency.
Wishy
All I will say is that all best players ever have always excelled at one category only: reading/aim. Even said by Cookiezi himself, a lot of fast/good streamers showed up these last months, yet no players with very good aim.

He was the best because of his ridiculous aim, so was rrtyui when the other guy quit, he had dat aim, it's not that hard to get fast, you just need to get serious about it and practice, but am.. ugh that's hard man way more complex than alternating two buttons.
-Mephisto
consistency -> aim/reading -> accuracy -> speed
ksg
Patience.
Rewben2

ks- wrote:

Patience.
Was gonna post this. The only important skill is patience, with it you can get good but without it you're going to get nowhere.
show more