forum

Hard time doing patterns.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Apathetic Neko
I'm a kd dk player, and I can't grasp these.

DDK, KDD, KKD, and so on. I can do triples fine. Anything more than that and it's beyond me. Should I learn to alternate or should I single tap most notes that aren't streams? Any help? Tips?
[Rdyjin]

Apathetic Neko wrote:

DDK, KDD, KKD, and so on. I can do triples fine. Anything more than that and it's beyond me. Should I learn to alternate or should I single tap most notes that aren't streams? Any help? Tips?
As far as your question about alternating, you should do whatever is most comfortable for you, first and foremost. I personally learned to play semi-alt, but if you feel more comfortable playing full-alt, then you should go ahead. I think the primary difference between the two is that full-alt can handle faster BPMs more easily, but semi-alt is slightly more rhythmically intuitive.

When you start doing 1/4 streams, you should always alternate. And yeah, they're pretty hard. If you're having a difficult time reading and processing them in time to know what to hit, then play slower songs. Eventually it becomes muscle memory when you see those kind of patterns and you won't have to think about them.
Topic Starter
Apathetic Neko

[Rdyjin] wrote:

Apathetic Neko wrote:

As far as your question about alternating, you should do whatever is most comfortable for you, first and foremost. I personally learned to play semi-alt, but if you feel more comfortable playing full-alt, then you should go ahead. I think the primary difference between the two is that full-alt can handle faster BPMs more easily, but semi-alt is slightly more rhythmically intuitive.

When you start doing 1/4 streams, you should always alternate. And yeah, they're pretty hard. If you're having a difficult time reading and processing them in time to know what to hit, then play slower songs. Eventually it becomes muscle memory when you see those kind of patterns and you won't have to think about them.
I see. I don't have any problem executing the patterns, it's just that I don't have enough time to react to it correctly.