forum

[Archived] Scores could not be retrieved

posted
Total Posts
show more
RubyRedRWBY018
For my probs in osu! can't submit scores but why?

I already played about 500+ beatmaps
Yuuto Ren
My OSU has been fixed. I just waited and it fixed on it's own O.o
10crystalmask01
Shoot. Now osu! on my computer is experiencing the same problem....every ranked map I select either has no records, or unknown status on them. Both one's I did and didn't play.

Notice that this is also Global rankings.
Topic Starter
shauberino
Well awks, looks like everyones having the same problem haha.
Neliel
Well, I still have this problem. Now the problem got extended by this "Unknown Status" thing. Yesterday it was only "No records".
Changing the DNS doesn't help either.

So this might be a clue:

The day before this problem started my laptop installed windows updates. Maybe those updates changed something that is necessary to connect to the ranking server. Well that can't be it, because our scores wouldn't get submitted. The outgoing connection seems to work, but the incoming connection seems to be blocked and I dont know what caused this.

I don't know how the score submission and the ranking display ingame are connected, so I can only make presumptions.
10crystalmask01

Deadlyneliel wrote:

Well, I still have this problem. Now the problem got extended by this "Unknown Status" thing. Yesterday it was only "No records".
Changing the DNS doesn't help either.

So this might be a clue:

The day before this problem started my laptop installed windows updates. Maybe those updates changed something that is necessary to connect to the ranking server. Well that can't be it, because our scores wouldn't get submitted. The outgoing connection seems to work, but the incoming connection seems to be blocked and I dont know what caused this.

I don't know how the score submission and the ranking display ingame are connected, so I can only make presumptions.
I gree with the last paragraph. It may be some connection error with the ingame score ranking display.
MrPrince_old
looking and waiting for good solution ( to fix this problem )
i've 2days got this problem :)

*i've to re-install ( download new )
*log-in and log-out
*restart my laptop
*system restore my laptop
and ja na~
DeletedUser_3833572
I am having the same problem for quite a few days already...it's quite annoying to say the least, hope a solution will be found briefly :'(.

Edit: I reinstalled Osu (no this wasn't what fixed my problem since I couldn't see the rankings on the preset songs that osu gives you), although what I did was I copied all my songs and skins to a separate folder before I reinstalled. Therefore, ofc, once I installed I Ctrl+v'd all of them. Rebooted osu, it processed all of the songs and.....voila. It got fixed. Really hope this is idd how you fix the problem 'cause it worked for me.

So my advice is, first try to take all of your songs (and skins if you want to follow my steps) to a separate folder, launch osu for it to recognize the absolute absence of beatmaps, close osu, copy all the songs and skins back, and start osu again so it can process the beatmaps again. If this doesn't work just take all the songs and skins out, reinstall (this is a desperate move because I honestly believe the reinstall did nothing) and do the same thing I mentioned above and hopefully it'll be fixed.

Hope it'll work for you guys aswell o/.
Neliel

Zevyroth wrote:

I am having the same problem for quite a few days already...it's quite annoying to say the least, hope a solution will be found briefly :'(.

Edit: I reinstalled Osu (no this wasn't what fixed my problem since I couldn't see the rankings on the preset songs that osu gives you), although what I did was I copied all my songs and skins to a separate folder before I reinstalled. Therefore, ofc, once I installed I Ctrl+v'd all of them. Rebooted osu, it processed all of the songs and.....voila. It got fixed. Really hope this is idd how you fix the problem 'cause it worked for me.

So my advice is, first try to take all of your songs (and skins if you want to follow my steps) to a separate folder, launch osu for it to recognize the absolute absence of beatmaps, close osu, copy all the songs and skins back, and start osu again so it can process the beatmaps again. If this doesn't work just take all the songs and skins out, reinstall (this is a desperate move because I honestly believe the reinstall did nothing) and do the same thing I mentioned above and hopefully it'll be fixed.

Deleting all Songs and Skins and reimporting them fixed it!
Thank you very much. :)
Noobsicle
wow i hopped on osu! a couple of hours ago and the scores are finally showing up

don't know what really happened but seems to be fixed for me (for now at least)
dinopwn

Zevyroth wrote:

didn't work for me :(
dinopwn
oh well, seemed to fix itself today
Im so mad bro
Problem Details:
Scores stuck on "scores could not be retrieved"
This happened after a friend of mine who is visiting from England ( https://osu.ppy.sh/u/kirbyyirby ) logged in on my client.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Thank you for your help!

osu! version: 20140410.5 (latest)
Nathanael
Oh? This might be a clue to the issue. Merged.
10crystalmask01
Scores and global rankings are still not appearing on the side when I'm in-game :|

I've already tried updating it, closing and re-opening the processor for it but nothing's changed. What on earth is going on with the scoreboard...?
Mofo
It seemed to get fixed by itself yesterday but when i tried playing again i got the the same issue again.

I am now relocating 50GB of my songs to another folder and removing all songs and adding it back.

If that's not working than what the hell osu. :x
Mofo
Still not fixed after trying everything i possible can *sigh* wasting my osu supporter days for nothing D:
3 Days with same issue now.
GIJoey
Finally fixed after 2 weeks! Geez that took forever ._.

To details: Yesterday I thought it was weird that people were getting the glitch and it randomly getting fixed. I don't know why but I thought it was qualified maps going back to pending and osu couldn't detect it(?) so i deleted Clover days (< its back now though. Awesome map~) and ave;new compilation which were both qualified and then went back to pending.

Today, I boot up the game. Everything is still glitched.. but after I played a couple multiplayer matches with my friend, the rankings started appearing and I could submit scores again!

This could be just a coincidence but hey I really hope this helps. c:

PS: A big thanks goes to all the people working behind the scenes trying to fix this issue :3
Im so mad bro
Unfortunately, still broken for me :/ Any support would be much appreciated :D
Zaag_old
Estou tendo o mesmo problema. Mas quando loguei no pc do meu amigo o rank aparece normalmente diferente daqui. -.-'
OBS: só passei a ter estre problema a 2 dias atrás.
Im so mad bro
Estou tendo o mesmo problema. Mas quando loguei no pc do meu amigo o rank aparece normalmente diferente daqui. -.-'
OBS: só passei a ter estre problema a 2 dias atrás.
Translation:
I have the same problem, but, when I log in to my friend's PC, the ranks appear, unlike here.
NOTE: This has been happening for 2 days.

In case different languages cause a problem~
Zilent_old
Well I think im not alone i just got this problem i will try all methods and see if one of them fixes it. If i find the solution i will gladly post it.

Be strong my friends :)
Zilent_old
Ok just wanted to reply on the problem i just got it fixed.
Things i did:
- Put songs on a backup folder and erase all other songs that Osu folder contained, re-installed Osu and put them back in the song folder.
- Restarted modem. (I think this is what it solved it). :idea:

After i did all of that the problem was solved.

Hope this helps and i will still think of what is causing this if it doesnt solve it for others :D
Mofo

Zilent wrote:

Ok just wanted to reply on the problem i just got it fixed.
Things i did:
- Put songs on a backup folder and erase all other songs that Osu folder contained, re-installed Osu and put them back in the song folder.
- Restarted modem. (I think this is what it solved it). :idea:

After i did all of that the problem was solved.

Hope this helps and i will still think of what is causing this if it doesnt solve it for others :D
Restarted modem, didn't work.
Already did remove all songs and put it back

Still not fixed.
Karuta-_old_1

Mofo wrote:

Still not fixed.
What about the reinstalling Osu! part?
Mofo

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

Mofo wrote:

Still not fixed.
So far what i've done;

Hard Reset Modem - Everything back to Factory Settings.
made a backup of the songs and removed it from the folder, Uninstall OSU and Reinstall it and put back the songs.

Not working.
Ayesha Altugle

[MY] yummy90 XP wrote:

Mofo wrote:

Still not fixed.
Reinstalling is not always an option.
Yuuto Ren
I can't believe this is happening to me again. it fixed on its own before now it's happening all of a sudden again... Why, why is this becoming such an issue now.
yakuzzi
same here :((
bumping with screen
Pzyco
I've also got the same problem!
I don't know exactly when or why it happened.
GIJoey
Same here! It was fixed and now its back to this. Geez lmao...

Oh well. I've gotten used to playing without online rankings because of this tbh, it's fun being able to play hard maps and not having to worry about your pp falling cos of a bad run. Playing for fun op~

A bug is a bug though, and I'd like this to be fixed. Sadly, its easier said than done. Kinda wish we had more leads. T_T

For now, lets all just enjoy playing multiplayer without your ranks dropping 10k <3
Pzyco
Wow.. I came back after letting osu run for like 2 hours and now after a few plays the ranking works again.. :D
Rockageek

Noobsicle wrote:

i've got the same problem as well, happens with every beatmap

scores and stuff are still updating on the website though
I have excatly the same problem and I already tried rebooting pc/internet/etc...

I hope it gonna fix by itself like eveyone :c

I wanna add that disables supporter features ingame. When you click on a map in chat it says it can't find it. When you go to osu direct it cannot find any map and it redirects to the website when clicking on a map in multi.

EDIT : problem randomly solved lol, as always.
Van_Izzy
Same problem here.
i haven't playing osu! since 2 years ago. then, i decided to play this game again.
the scoreboard works fine, even with the new beatmap i've been downloaded.

it happened when i change my account password. then, the scoreboards has error like this...

as you can see, i still have my online record...

now, the question is... "What happened with osu! ?!?!" :|
CindviaDealoved
it's because your internet maybe, i have the same problem with you, but after i change my internet provider, it work again
Koonski
Got the same problem. :/
I just upgraded to Windows10 so maybe thats the problem in my case.
Sirpaul
same problem.. also affects my osu direct, which didnt work to begin with, now its completely broke
o x
Please don't bump old threads, if you have a problem make a new thread and we will try to help you out!
TwYee
I think I know the root of the problem.
It is probably your IP being blocked from Osu or some similar circumstances. (Mine got blocked for spamming to log in to my account, out of the blue which I do not remember doing and due to a bug, not sure what caused though.)
Changing WiFi network, changing IP address, using mobile data, using a VPN and other things that can change your IP address that you were originally having problems on should fix this issue. Also, someone managed to fix this by resetting their modem. Because some modems will change it's IP when rebooted.
Surely, after a while, your IP should be unblocked and should be able to play normally on your old network again.
Issues that hints that your IP was blocked are: osu!direct not functioning, unable to load any online scores, unable to submit scores properly.
However, you should still be able to: Connect to Bancho, such as chat and multiplayer.
This is my conclusion to this issue, should work for some people. Sorry for bumping an old thread, since this thread is one of the first to appear on google search, and I think this would further help anyone with this problem.