forum

Various Nightcore - Jump Training #2

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rezoons
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Saavas-
This map provided me with the most fun I've had from Nightcore map in a very long time. It's awesome, thank You rezoons :)
Topic Starter
rezoons
You're welcome <3 I'm always happy to see that some people like playing my maps.
tonka4ok
A new jump training yay :D I love your maps especially this one :lol: :lol: :lol:
Topic Starter
rezoons

tonka4ok wrote:

A new jump training yay :D I love your maps especially this one :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thank you very much :)
J1NX1337
I like jumping challenges a lot, but these maps have a lot of circles hidden behind sliders, and I really can't stand that. Just losing your combo to something you couldn't possibly see coming is very frustrating, especially when you're competing against a friend. In addition, I don't know why, but "Just 4 You" is quiet as hell compared to the other beatmaps. Might wanna boost the volume on that.
Topic Starter
rezoons

J1NX1337 wrote:

I like jumping challenges a lot, but these maps have a lot of circles hidden behind sliders, and I really can't stand that. Just losing your combo to something you couldn't possibly see coming is very frustrating, especially when you're competing against a friend.
This is not a jumping challenge. This is a jump training. Basically, my goal was to put random mapping pattern one next to each other in order to train me (yeah, i didn't expect other people would play it, usually nobody play my maps). I didn't only put cool jumps but also annoying ones because i wanted to train on all the jumps!
I understand that circles behind sliders are annoying. I'm a HD player, i now that quite well. But since a lot of mapers use them it's worth training to read and play them. There are a lot of other jump pattern that i use that i find annoying like the jump stack or the jump back and forth but that's not in ignoring these pattern that i will get better at playing them.
Basically, if you can play the map without any problem then it doesn't train you. It's useless since this is a map made ONLY for training purpose.

The only exception is the jumps from Cambodia from 00:57:454 to 01:03:651. I know they will make fail a lot of people and not just drop their combo and i don't want that. You train nothing if you fail before you even arrive at the toughest jumps of the map.

In addition, I don't know why, but "Just 4 You" is quiet as hell compared to the other beatmaps. Might wanna boost the volume on that.
I didn't notice that. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll try to fix this someday.
Kyrari
I actually replayed both the cambodia diff 3 times and was surprised when the one hidden is those short slider jump, I actually thought you would've hidden something harder like the long jump parts lol.

I mean failing one of the slider only drops like 50% hp
(Though this is coming from a guy that still fails at We Go Down)

Anyway I really loved both Jump Training #1 and #2 soo keep up the good work ^_^
Topic Starter
rezoons

VanillaSandvich wrote:

I actually replayed both the cambodia diff 3 times and was surprised when the one hidden is those short slider jump, I actually thought you would've hidden something harder like the long jump parts lol.

I mean failing one of the slider only drops like 50% hp
(Though this is coming from a guy that still fails at We Go Down)

Anyway I really loved both Jump Training #1 and #2 soo keep up the good work ^_^
I'm glad you enjoy it. :)

About Cambodia. If i have made a second diff without the pattern from 00:57:454 to 01:03:264 it's because this pattern is way more difficult that what i wanted for this diff. Jump from sliders with a 1/4 gap can be a tricky pattern and since the pattern is quite long it means that people that don't master that will fail at this part. And if they fail at the start, they train nothing.
chainpullz
Really fun maps to play even if its not for a rank or anything. Keep em coming! ;D
Topic Starter
rezoons

chainpullz wrote:

Really fun maps to play even if its not for a rank or anything. Keep em coming! ;D
Thank you veru much ^^
EnV_old_1
Honestly probably my favourite map set (this and Jump Training 1). Cambodia is an awesome song with great mapping.
EnV_old_1
[ deleted - accidentally posted twice?]
Topic Starter
rezoons

EnV wrote:

Honestly probably my favourite map set (this and Jump Training 1). Cambodia is an awesome song with great mapping.
Thank you very much <3
Tech
I didn't hate any jumps on Cambodia. Your jump maps are excellent 8-)
Topic Starter
rezoons

Tech wrote:

I didn't hate any jumps on Cambodia. Your jump maps are excellent 8-)
Thank you <3
electrolytes
We Go Down is heavenly. Seriously - the use of blanketing and symmetry throughout, the rotating part transitioning to the chorus, the red sliders, the 8-slider patterns toward the end, and how you map repeated phrases. It's both beautiful to watch and has a lot of flow when playing. I could make similar comments about the others as well (especially blanketing/symmetry).

And I don't have any problems with Cambodia - that's my second favorite and the repeat sliders before the drop are one of the most memorable parts: I can feel the buildup way better than with a spinner.

I'm going to have a hard time going back to normal Nightcore maps after this...
Topic Starter
rezoons

electrolytes wrote:

We Go Down is heavenly. Seriously - the use of blanketing and symmetry throughout, the rotating part transitioning to the chorus, the red sliders, the 8-slider patterns toward the end, and how you map repeated phrases. It's both beautiful to watch and has a lot of flow when playing. I could make similar comments about the others as well (especially blanketing/symmetry).

And I don't have any problems with Cambodia - that's my second favorite and the repeat sliders before the drop are one of the most memorable parts: I can feel the buildup way better than with a spinner.

I'm going to have a hard time going back to normal Nightcore maps after this...
Thank you very much <3 That's one of the map i put the most work on, so i'm happy that you like it. :)

About Cambodia i agree with you and i prefer with the slider instead of the spinner. It's just that the map is supposed to have a progressive difficulty (it's better for training) but this pattern put a big, unnecessary, spike of difficulty in the map where it shouldn't be. That's why from a mapping POV the slider jumps are better but from a training POV a spinner is better imo.
- V -_old
Honestly, I didn't find that section particularly hard for some reason, and it's coming from someone who keeps failing on "We Go Down"
Topic Starter
rezoons

- V - wrote:

Honestly, I didn't find that section particularly hard for some reason, and it's coming from someone who keeps failing on "We Go Down"
Well, i don't either. And i keep failing 75% of the time on "we go down". But think about people that have just the level to play the beginning of the map, this kind of jump are probably very disturbing for them. Hard diffs and light insanes don't have much of jump between slider with gaps of 1/4 beats so they are not used to it.Yeah, i know i should have called the diff "without the jumps some people will hate" (i will probably change it later) but still. In the end i've seen people play both kind of maps so i'm still happy with the choice i made to seperate the two diff. :p
show more