forum

Did pushtember actually help you?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nbtm
If you’re unaware, pushtember was a challenge created by reddit user Knorke75. Original post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/1ezn5jg/your_ticket_to_breaking_your_skill_ceiling/

I participated and found I’m actually improving. But now that it’s over, I’m suddenly back to former inconsistent self.

If you participated, what was your experience?
Wimpy Cursed
Me thinking this shit was for physical health lmao
Polyspora
new ot furry?
Topic Starter
nbtm

Polyspora wrote:

new ot furry?
am i a furry? yeah?
Polyspora

nbtm wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

new ot furry?
am i a furry? yeah?
only you can tell me

ps: shit this is not ot

I'm leaking!
Offdensen
i didnt know this existed
Karmine

Wimpy Cursed wrote:

Me thinking this shit was for physical health lmao
Osu players are weird coming up with shit like that.
Stomiks
Why do all of that when you could just play the game normally without farming and get the same or better results
Winnyace

Stomiks wrote:

Why do all of that when you could just play the game normally without farming and get the same or better results
A lot of osu players, myself included, need some reward for our efforts. Not only that, but very few have the mindset to persevere, myself included. These challenges force players who participate to try. Once they try and do better than they expected, they will naturally keep trying, alongside building the confidence they needed to keep trying in the first place.
Topic Starter
nbtm

Winnyace wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

A lot of osu players, myself included, need some reward for our efforts. Not only that, but very few have the mindset to persevere, myself included. These challenges force players who participate to try. Once they try and do better than they expected, they will naturally keep trying, alongside building the confidence they needed to keep trying in the first place.
This! I played pushtember offline for the entire month. When I logged back in I (pretty comfortably) set 2 new top plays the day I logged back in.

Having a community behind you and a set time frame really helps you improve. I had a friend in highschool and we challenged each other to see who could get the highest rank in a month. Stuff like that really helps some people (like me) improve.