forum

[confirmed] Why is the beatmapID in the downloaded file inconsistent with the beatmapID in the url?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Spring Night-
Problem details:
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1649315#osu/3379930
The BeatmapID obtained in the url is 3379930, but the BeatmapID in the downloaded file content is 3384601, no check before entering the ranked queue?
spaceman_atlas
Yes this happens a lot because mappers do weird stuff for reasons that aren't entirely clear to me, and it also breaks lazer (maps will show as unranked there because of this) and it's not super easy to fix without losing people's local scores on stable. This is what happens when you allow manual editing...

New submission in lazer will probably prevent this from happening. Not sure about existing maps, or old BSS.
Topic Starter
-Spring Night-
This issue will prevent you from using bids to search in the stable.

Can this be avoided by forcing content checks when uploading a Beatmap, or by doing additional checks when the Beatmap is about to enter the Ranked queue?

spaceman_atlas wrote:

it's not super easy to fix without losing people's local scores on stable.
The local score record is recorded using the file's hash string as the key, so I think changing only the bid will not cause score loss.
spaceman_atlas

-Spring Night- wrote:

Can this be avoided by forcing content checks when uploading a Beatmap, or by doing additional checks when the Beatmap is about to enter the Ranked queue?
Maybe. Something we'll look at when reimplementing bss for lazer maybe.

-Spring Night- wrote:

The local score record is recorded using the file's hash string as the key, so I think changing only the bid will not cause score loss.
Except every score replay contains the hash of the beatmap inside. Change the beatmap file post-rank to fix the beatmap ID (which will be in there for newer maps), and the hash of the beatmap changes, and thus the replay disassociates from the beatmap. And that's not the only thing retroactive action on all ranked beatmaps breaks now - trust us, we have tested this on a small group of maps.
Topic Starter
-Spring Night-

spaceman_atlas wrote:

Except every score replay contains the hash of the beatmap inside. Change the beatmap file post-rank to fix the beatmap ID (which will be in there for newer maps), and the hash of the beatmap changes, and thus the replay disassociates from the beatmap. And that's not the only thing retroactive action on all ranked beatmaps breaks now - trust us, we have tested this on a small group of maps.

The value recorded in the .osu file is not occupied by other Beatmaps
Modify the Beatmap ID value recorded in the osu web backend so that it corresponds correctly
Is this operation feasible?
spaceman_atlas
It's not as simple as changing a single beatmap ID 'somewhere in the backend' and I'm not exactly willing to go into the ugly details why at this point. We've tried the simple method in production and it verifiably broke stuff.
Topic Starter
-Spring Night-

spaceman_atlas wrote:

It's not as simple as changing a single beatmap ID 'somewhere in the backend' and I'm not exactly willing to go into the ugly details why at this point. We've tried the simple method in production and it verifiably broke stuff.
Ok, Lastly, I would like to ask, if stable is completely phased out, is it possible to fix this?