forum

[resolved] [osu!web] unable to load any images from i.ppy.sh

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
im yeojin
my computer has never been able to load the i.ppy.sh domain. any image embedded in descriptions, me! pages, comment sections, etc. don't load. i've tried turning my firewall off and on, using every browser i have on my pc, restarting my router, and more over the last 3 and a half years that i can't remember currently. this issue has been ongoing for as long as i've been on the game (around 3 and a half years), and only on the rig i use to run the game, no laptops nor mobile devices.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjdekRhgOiI | idk if it's important or not but the image shown in the video is hosted on s-ul.eu

osu! version: Stable 20240820.1 (latest)

computer specs: amd ryzen 5 3600
16gb ddr4 ram
nvidia geforce gtx 1660 super
Blushing
What extensions (if any) do you have?

Do you have a proxy/VPN set up that you are using?
Topic Starter
im yeojin
for opera extentions i have adblock plus, osu! preview, osu! subdivide nations, honey, pp calculator, and tampermonkey. i do not use a vpn or proxy.
Blushing

im yeojin wrote:

for opera extentions i have adblock plus, osu! preview, osu! subdivide nations, honey, pp calculator, and tampermonkey. i do not use a vpn or proxy.
Does disabling any of them or all of them seem to help the issue?
Topic Starter
im yeojin
i disabled every extension and the problem is the same
Blushing
You said this issue is only on the computer you use to play the game? You can see the images if you use a different system or like a phone?
Topic Starter
im yeojin
yeah. my laptop, my fathers laptops, and my phone all have zero issues loading images. the computer i use to play the game has always been the only device in my home with issue loading images

update: i resolved the issue. go into your hosts file and remove the .ppy.sh domains.
spaceman_atlas

im yeojin wrote:

update: i resolved the issue. go into your hosts file and remove the .ppy.sh domains.
Uhhhhhh... I'd hope that you put them there yourself? (I can think of a few reasons why they'd be there, but I don't really want to discuss them in detail further.)