forum

reached a plateau/ can't improve in the game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
VietMupp
I've been playing osu! Mania for almost two years now, but this is my first time making an online account to see how I compare to other players around the world. I just realized that my skills are not up to par for someone generally with two years of experience.

I find myself stuck at my current skill level. I took a break from playing osu! Mania a few months ago when I was only able to play maps around 4 stars. Now that I'm back after a month, I still have terrible accuracy even on 1, 2, or 3-star maps, especially if they include LNs. I can't understand why LNs in this game are so unforgiving, even when I practice them a lot. Despite my dedication to improving, I just can't see any progress, and I still can't move on to 5-6 star maps.

I really want some genuine advice for improving in Mania, as I hope I'm not the only one facing this issue.
Jangsoodlor
Gameplay & Rankings Forum may have appropriate resources to help you
EnigmaticG

VietMupp wrote:

I've been playing osu! Mania for almost two years now, but this is my first time making an online account to see how I compare to other players around the world. I just realized that my skills are not up to par for someone generally with two years of experience.

I find myself stuck at my current skill level. I took a break from playing osu! Mania a few months ago when I was only able to play maps around 4 stars. Now that I'm back after a month, I still have terrible accuracy even on 1, 2, or 3-star maps, especially if they include LNs. I can't understand why LNs in this game are so unforgiving, even when I practice them a lot. Despite my dedication to improving, I just can't see any progress, and I still can't move on to 5-6 star maps.

I really want some genuine advice for improving in Mania, as I hope I'm not the only one facing this issue.
Hi,

I suggest you stop playing really hard maps that you mash on/get really poor accuracy, and play really easy maps, focusing on improving accuracy. You should aim for at least 96% on these maps. If you have to go all the way down to 1 star for it to be possible, then do that. Listen to the song and pay close attention to the beat, rather than focusing on just the notes on the screen. As you FC maps comfortably with decent accuracy, play slightly harder maps and repeat the process. It takes time to change your playstyle and fix your bad habits, but it's worth the effort. Just play consistently this way and be patient; you'll improve.
Lyawi

Jangsoodlor wrote:

Gameplay & Rankings Forum may have appropriate resources to help you
moved~
SwagBoyOnOsu
So seeing your recent plays, you're playing really hard songs I wouldn't dream of playing with B ranks and C ranks, maybe A ranks, but I don't see any S ranks anywhere, and your profile says you only have one.

Firstly, I am actually going to say try to find some skins and see which ones you're most comfortable reading. If you're really trying to read normal notes and long notes but can't and have bad accuracy with them, it could be a discomfort with the skin, scroll speed, or universal offset.
If there's a skin you really like looking at but find the notes too big or small or it's at the left side when you want it at the center (all for instance), skins tend to have a skin.ini file also which allows you to edit those things. You find this by right clicking osu and then pressing open file location then the skins folder.

Secondly, find out which star diffs you can get S rank on and work up from there. You need to really focus on hitting marvelous if you plan to improve accuracy. A certain wimpy person says if you can get 95% on it, try to go for 98% on it next, and I agree entirely. Having good acc means being able to recognize a pattern and hit it on time just as well.
I will mention that LN in score v1 (the default) is weird because you can press it marvelously but then completely overhold it and still get a great rating. If you want actually accurate LN judgements for press and release, use score v2.

Since you're saying you're acc is terrible on even 1 stars, you may have developed a terrible manip habit. Now people will say manip is fine and everyone uses it, but what they don't say is that it is fine in moderation, when you're not using it for every pattern but the ones that are simply too dense or hard. If you have to manip through a whole map... it probably is not for you yet. I come from robeats where you would get a miss for every ghost tap, so I try to avoid them like the plague. I'm not saying I don't manip, but there's patterns I don't want to manip on, like chordjacks.
If it also helps, because I would see cases of this from spectating ppl in robeats, acc and timing is (nearly) always based on the song. There will be a sound which the notes correspond to, especially for the lower stars. If you can hit to the rhythm, then you should be seeing great accuracy improvement.
pizzaboy
I experienced something similar sometimes you need to find that bridge or play a Map that you find unbelievably hard just for fun