forum

Daily Challenge Feedback/Suggestions

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hivie

Been enjoying daily challenge on osu!(lazer) so far? We'd love to hear your thoughts about it!

Please post any feedback, ideas, or suggestions regarding the system here.

Note: this is not the place for suggesting beatmaps to be added to daily challenge.
7ambda
Additional stats from challenge webpage (participant count, 10% / 50% score threshold) should be added to the tab bubble ingame which currently only shows the total number of passes.

This would make gauging where I stand less inconvenient by not having to tab off my game and then navigate to the daily rankings to find said info.
ColdTooth
I really enjoy this feature quite alot. I took a good break from the end of last year due to personal reasons, and came back a couple of weeks before this dropped, so this gave me another reason to continue playing osu!.

That being said, I do hope the other gamemodes will have their own version of this feature, though I am not quite sure how mania would be considering there is both 4k and 7k to consider, and anything else between and over 7k. Seeing taiko for one of the dailies was interesting, but it was atleast easy enough to play and get a good score on it. And having other modes get their own version of the daily challenge would allow people to give it a shot even if I, or other people aren't good at the other modes.

One thing that could see some love are a couple more stats to peek at when hovering over the card for daily challenge in your profile, like number of times you got #1 in. I think it'd be cool to show off how many times someone achieved a strong score that noone could beat for the day. On the daily challenges tab in rankings, maybe there can be a spot to show what mod is forced for that day. Little things that probably aren't relatively useful but can still be some extra flavor added on.

I don't have many complaints about the system (other than having a massive skill issue and having the inability to tap anything over 180bpm consistently, and that there's been three 200bpm ar9 od8 6* maps in a row for day 7, four if we wanna count Unmei no Dark Side, but that's not ar9/od8, so maybe a bit more variety would be nice to see (but honestly I just suck)). The balance between no forcemod and forcemod is nice, the choices for those mods are managable (no scope being the only exception), and the song selection has been strong.

Happy to see this feature existing for lazer. Flashlight daily when? (:
BlueChinchompa

ColdTooth wrote:

I really enjoy this feature quite alot. I took a good break from the end of last year due to personal reasons, and came back a couple of weeks before this dropped, so this gave me another reason to continue playing osu!.

That being said, I do hope the other gamemodes will have their own version of this feature, though I am not quite sure how mania would be considering there is both 4k and 7k to consider, and anything else between and over 7k. Seeing taiko for one of the dailies was interesting, but it was atleast easy enough to play and get a good score on it. And having other modes get their own version of the daily challenge would allow people to give it a shot even if I, or other people aren't good at the other modes.

One thing that could see some love are a couple more stats to peek at when hovering over the card for daily challenge in your profile, like number of times you got #1 in. I think it'd be cool to show off how many times someone achieved a strong score that noone could beat for the day. On the daily challenges tab in rankings, maybe there can be a spot to show what mod is forced for that day. Little things that probably aren't relatively useful but can still be some extra flavor added on.

I don't have many complaints about the system (other than having a massive skill issue and having the inability to tap anything over 180bpm consistently, and that there's been three 200bpm ar9 od8 6* maps in a row for day 7, four if we wanna count Unmei no Dark Side, but that's not ar9/od8, so maybe a bit more variety would be nice to see (but honestly I just suck)). The balance between no forcemod and forcemod is nice, the choices for those mods are managable (no scope being the only exception), and the song selection has been strong.

Happy to see this feature existing for lazer. Flashlight daily when? (:
agreed
7ambda
Forced mods could also be more varied when they're pooled rather than throwing HD again for the millionth time.

Perhaps try a different fun mod that hasn't entered the spotlight like GR, modified AD, BU ; or even a diff-reducing day such as HT/WD rate adjust on 7+ stars could be an interesting shakeup.
ColdTooth
I just thought of this now, but there have been a good amount of dailies so far, 64 to be exact as of writing it. The dropdown for selecting the day is good, but I feel like there could be arrows to go back or forth a day instead of having to select the dropdown and scroll down just to go to the next day. The more days added on, the longer it takes to scroll on the dropdown later on down the line.

Something like this maybe, poorly drawn pink arrows.

WitherMite

ColdTooth wrote:

I just thought of this now, but there have been a good amount of dailies so far, 64 to be exact as of writing it. The dropdown for selecting the day is good, but I feel like there could be arrows to go back or forth a day instead of having to select the dropdown and scroll down just to go to the next day. The more days added on, the longer it takes to scroll on the dropdown later on down the line.

maybe a way to group/search by month for the future too?
ColdTooth

WitherMite wrote:

ColdTooth wrote:

maybe a way to group/search by month for the future too?
Or even by week, I like that.
Winnyace
The feature is fantastic. I like it a lot and I find it a very good addition. In its current implementation, I don't find it bad at all. I would like to see rewards for players that do very well in the daily challenges across an entire week or month. Like, players that always break into the 5th percentile across all maps of the week/month get a small badge on the daily challenge screen? Something to reward players for their effort and consistency.