forum

[invalid] My list of big obvious issues:

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
petterde
Problem #1 Incorrect UR on DT/HT
Problem details:
The unstable rate displayed after completing a map using doubletime or halftime is incorrect.
A play with 100 UR on doubletime is shown as 150. A play with 100 UR on halftime is shown as 75.

osu! version: Stable 20240820.1 (latest)

Problem #2 Overwriting top PP score
Problem details:
When achieving a play with a higher score but less PP value, you overwrite your highest PP play on that map, lowering your rank. It's frustrating and allows for de-ranking for rank based tournament. You shouldn't have to be afraid to ruin your best play.

Problem #3 NC Metronome offset
Problem details:
There should be an option to turn off/on the metronome in nightcore, or make it so that it does not shift with global offset. Example why it's an issue: Using negative global offset to compensate for input delay and audio output delay, relying on keyboard taps as your "hitsounds", the metronome will play way too early compared to the song.

Problem #4 Global offset + Start of a song = Jump
Problem details:
Using global offset, when you initiate a song and wait for the first note, the map will snap a bit just before the first note. Increasing global offset increases the distance jumped. Use -100 global offset and It will be very clear on affected maps. I believe it is tied to the first timing point in a map, where the offset is applied just before.

Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MLCXAgFhO4

chromb
all fixed in lazer. stable is featurelocked so these are likely to not get fixed as they're seen as minor.
Topic Starter
petterde
Featurelocked?
chromb
no new features/changes will be added unless REALLY needed.
Topic Starter
petterde
If I understand this correctly, the old osu client has been abandoned? Only major bug/error fixes will be dealt with?

The UR convertion is as simple as taking DT UR and divide it by 1.5, and HT UR to divide by 0.75. Every player who uses these mods and want to know, has to deal with this manually because of this oversight.