forum

why are there so few osu!mania maps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MondlichtVI
i started to play osu!mania recently and i wonder why there are so few maps for osu!mania.
i used to play osu!taiko, if i go to the song filters and select "mode", i get about 220 taiko maps and just 10 osu!mania maps from my songcollection. osu!mania seems to have more player though, there are way more mania multiplayer rooms then in taiko.

how come?
Tornspirit
If I check my own 'mode' songs I have about 1000 maps for mania and about 50 for taiko.

A lot of songs are mania specific, just like a lot of songs are taiko specific. Also a lot of people play o2jam or BMS converts.
Topic Starter
MondlichtVI
is there are pack i can download with all the converts?
Tornspirit
Not a pack but there are folders out there. BMS is definitely way too hard for anyone just starting out but there are a lot of easier o2jam songs. I'd recommend just sticking to mania-specific songs for now though.

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/qsk9mqzkx45eg/O2jam if you want the link to o2jam converts.
Yuzeyun
Taiko maps have been ranked since 2009 and osu!mania is very young compared to it. Lots of charts can be found unsubmitted on most pro players' userpages.
Aqo
almost nobody bothers to rank mania charts because of a BAT shortage and too restricting rank rules so if you want mania maps you better start grave digging~ (or convince the staff to hire more BATs and fix the ranking process)
ArcherLove
did someone say few ?

PyaKura
Aqo y u no link your own maplist orz
Aqo
I kinda stopped updating it because you can simply sort maps by difficulty with PP now... although it's not entirely accurate, but my list isn't perfect either.
Full Tablet
Entozer

MondlichtVI wrote:

osu!mania seems to have more player though, there are way more mania multiplayer rooms then in taiko.

how come?
Probably because you are basing it on how many players are playing it, and not how many players are playing specific mania maps. I think a lot of them are playing autoconverts. (Not that I know anything. I rarely multi, unless invited.)

There are quite a lot of good mania maps out there, though a lot (some?) are not hitsounded at all, making them not eligible for ranking.

Akali
PyaKura

Akali wrote:

http://pastebin.com/pAz76mvT
Hey this is actually pretty handy.