forum

Make a announcement towards beatmap mappers. [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
Tell them to consider the impossible jumps they might make accidentaly, or intentionally for CTB, since they might only look

at osu standard while editing. take it under consideration to make those "impossible jumps" a little more possible..

It doesn't have to be an actualy announcment on the homepage, just somewhere where beatmappers see the little

announcement, like the beatmaps section of the forums.
rust45
These jumps are well known of and peppy is looking for a way to make them possible without changing the maps themselves.
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
Just trying to reduce the impossible jumps, in any new maps. by telling the mappers to consider not making them.
rust45
Impossible jumps in CtB are fun though in standard mode though. (At least IMO)
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
make a pole in the front page to see if players enjoy impossible jumps for standard and CTB, to see how much of an issue it really is, or it might not even be an issue. and if you want, you can inclue taiko for those songs like Marisa\kanbu. i think theres a few like that though...

Do you enjoy those "impossible jumps" in standard?

Yes. ()

no. ()

how about in catch the beat mode?

Yes. ()

no. ()
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
I support AIMod telling you this.
peppy
This is a GAME BUG which has been reported and will be fixed. These jumps should not be considered when making a standard osu! map. They should not exist. You can of course provide examples of said jumps to make this process easier.
Zekira
Maybe make it so that the field is a 'round the world'? (like if the CTB character is going left all the way, once he reaches the end and keeps going left, he'll appear on the right end?)
mm201
Like Asteroids? Nah.

*gets an idea for a game mode*

Just make the character go faster in speedy glow mode for the time between a jump.
Xgor
The only reason that i have a impossible jump in one of my maps is due to it's a guest diff and the person don't want me to change that *cough*Agentspinhere*cough*
Echo
Just increase the speed boost when you hold shift?
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

peppy wrote:

This is a GAME BUG which has been reported and will be fixed. These jumps should not be considered when making a standard osu! map. They should not exist. You can of course provide examples of said jumps to make this process easier.
This, Peppy: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/5774

Hardest diff, obviously.
Jarby

Loogiesquared wrote:

peppy wrote:

This, Peppy: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/5774

Hardest diff, obviously.
That map was approved for a reason. Standards like that shouldn't necessarily apply.
Xgor
Amane - Eternal Maiden [tieff's Beat] (probably four)
Beautiful Day - Kan Kan (Riverdance HD) [CJ Mix] (one)
Beautiful Day - Kan Kan (Riverdance HD) [Insane] (about 8)
Blind Stare - Shotgun Symphony+ [Impossibly Intense] (three?)
DJ Sharpnel - StrangeProgram [HappyMiX] (I dunno, a lot)
DJ Sharpnel - StrangeProgram [Lesjuh's TAG] (...)
eufonius - Wonder [Challenging] (about five)
Hisaka Yoko - Don't say "lazy" (Full ver.) [TAG4] (as soon as someone passes this let me know...)
IOSYS - Utage wa Eien ni ~SHD~ [TAG4] (a lot)
Karen - Sudden Death R99 [Sudden Death] (two)
Marble - Hatsukoi Limited [Jump] (one)
Marguerite du Pre - Marie Antoinette [Another] (one, but maybe it's passible)
Mindless Self Indulgence - Tom Sawyer [Insane] (one jump)
Mindless Self Indulgence - You'll Rebel To Anything [Impossible] (one jump)
Mutsuhiko Izumi - Jet World [Exterme] (7? jumps)
Nico Nico Douga - BARUSA of MIKOSU [TAG4] (at least 60 or something)
Nico Nico Douga - U.N. Owen wa Kanojo nanoka? (Nico Mega Mix) [TAG 4] (100+)
Nobuo Uematsu - Final Fantasy VI Battle Theme [Kefka] (4-5)
Rhapsody - Emerald Sword [Extreme] (three)
Silver Forest - Eternally Unreachable Distance [Insane] (one)
SNKP - Geese's theme [=A=] (two)
Yoshihiro Sakaguchi - Moon Level [Insane] (three)
ZUN - Reach for the Moon, Immortal Smoke [Lunatic] (three)
And
Spinsmith - Dicks Are For My Friends [AGENT SPIN HERE!]

There is alot of impossible and the list i posted is not complete :roll:
Lesjuh
I don't give a FUCK about CtB. Go cry somewhere in a corner if you don't like it. Also, don't blame the mappers, blame the game mode itself for not allowing you to make the jumps.
GladiOol

lesjuh wrote:

I don't give a FUCK about CtB. Go cry somewhere in a corner if you don't like it. Also, don't blame the mappers, blame the game mode itself for not allowing you to make the jumps.
I think a simple #care would do the job also D:
Gemi

lesjuh wrote:

I don't give a FUCK about CtB. Go cry somewhere in a corner if you don't like it.
Great attitude. Now get the fuck out of the suggestion forum.

lesjuh wrote:

Also, don't blame the mappers, blame the game mode itself for not allowing you to make the jumps.
Btw, reading above you could've noticed that there is indeed going to be a fix in one way or another for the problem that wont affect mapping for the normal mode.
Derekku
Yeah okay, enough flaming/shit/etc in here.

Marked denied as this is a dupe of viewtopic.php?p=176746#p176746. I'd lock this but I don't have locking powers in this forum :? .