forum

clicking problems in osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AlexISaNoob
I don't know why, but when I click in osu most of the time it just feels so weird and offbeat, ive tried setting the offset wizard to 0 and playing around with it, yet I can't find anything to work. This is weird as my keyboard is the built in laptop one, i've tried setting my keybinds to something else but it still doesnt feel right. I can get a 93.5% with relax on in 6.85-7.25 star difficulty levels, but when i click with nofail on, I usually get 70% or lower. Even when I bump down the difficulty to 5 star or even 4.5, I can never manage to get an 100% or 98%+. Any tips on how to get better clicking skills, or fix this problem? (btw im a mouse user if thathelps with anything)
lewski
you should practice tapping accurately on maps you can actually play
Topic Starter
AlexISaNoob

lewski wrote:

you should practice tapping accurately on maps you can actually play
alright thanks
Voidedosu

AlexISaNoob wrote:

I can get a 93.5% with relax on in 6.85-7.25 star difficulty levels, but when i click with nofail on, I usually get 70% or lower.
There's your problem.

You basically need to learn tapping accuracy in tandem with mouse aim. It's a little hard for me to explain, but a lot of the flow and understanding of the rhythm doesn't just come from moving your mouse over the screen; it comes from moving your mouse to a circle and knowing that you'll bring it to the circle at the exact right time you need to click to register a 300. Relax (or autopilot, really) don't assist you with that because you're removing half of the essential components and expecting to get results.

The other problem is in playing 6* maps. dude, you're a 900K. YOu can't even fucking TOUCH a 6* map if you wanted to, as evidenced by the fat you can't even get above 80%. Start with 2-3* stuff and work your way up to the 6 and 7*'s. It unfortunately doesn't matter if you find them boring. Skills like stamina or rhythm sense or great aim don't just magically appear. You need to start from the bottom and work your way to the top.
Nanofranne
Lower the difficulty and get accuracy as high as you can. Playing RX is fun but should not be the main bulk of your osu session if you strive to be more balanced player