forum

[osu!lazer] SSL Connection Fail

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Conxav
Problem details:
Cannot login to my osu account and it keeps giving me this SSL Connection error.
I have the logs but i cannot find a way to upload them.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://imgur.com/a/8cCrEGJ

osu! version: Lazer 2024.906.2-lazer
Blushing
In the settings, there is a setting to export the logs, iirc. Please upload them to a file sharing service so we can view them.
ksyzzrs
same!!!
thought it was my vpn, but turning it off didn't fix it.
Topic Starter
Conxav
spaceman_atlas
Well this does not look great:

2024-09-14 03:02:06 [verbose]: Request to https://osu.ppy.sh/oauth/token failed with System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
2024-09-14 03:02:06 [verbose]: ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: Connection reset by peer.
2024-09-14 03:02:06 [verbose]: ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (54): Connection reset by peer
2024-09-14 03:02:06 [verbose]: at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.CreateException(SocketError error, Boolean forAsyncThrow)
2024-09-14 03:02:06 [verbose]: at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.ReadAsync(Memory`1 buffer, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

TL;DR: something is not allowing the SSL connection to complete because something is resetting it midway through. It could be your ISP, it could be whatever custom you have going on (VPN? proxies?)

At this point the only way forward I can see is to try jiggling things (as in: disable VPNs/proxies if you're using them, or try using one if you're not, call your ISP if you are able to). I'm not sure I have better advice to give at this point.
Topic Starter
Conxav
oh god.

i have a funky macbook m1 and i'm horrible with computers so hopefully nothing breaks when i try things lol

Thank you very much though :D

Edit: I DID IT

i had to login with a VPN, smth is wrong with my wifi
spaceman_atlas
Right, great to hear you got it working.

We're aware that this type of issue unfortunately seems to be impacting an increasing number of users lately, but there's not much we can do about it from our end as it is looking very likely to be an ISP level block which the VPN use bypasses.
Topic Starter
Conxav
i see.