forum

[resolved] Add a key shortcut to refresh the skin files.

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +21
Topic Starter
Pannari
So basically; everytime you're doing something on your skin, you have to go into the skin menu and swap the skins so it updates the images in the game.

My idea would be adding a key shortcut to refresh the images. It could work inside every game menu.

This could be potentially helpful for skinners. It's really annoying when you have to keep refreshing the skin through the menus. Also, if you have lots of skins installed it's gonna take even longer because it's loading them on the list.

Also, I'm not sure if this has been suggested before. But oh well, trying doesn't hurt!
Jole
Seems useful, though having a keybind that works whenever doesn't seem like a proper way to implement it.

I'd imagine it would be better to add a button below the "Select skin" button in options that would say "Refresh skin images" or something similar. It would still be more useful than going into the skin selector because your game won't freeze for ages. You will also not be refreshing the skin by accident(Though that wouldn't be too much of an issue, but still)
Topic Starter
Pannari

Jole wrote:

Seems useful, though having a keybind that works whenever doesn't seem like a proper way to implement it.

I'd imagine it would be better to add a button below the "Select skin" button in options that would say "Refresh skin images" or something similar. It would still be more useful than going into the skin selector because your game won't freeze for ages. You will also not be refreshing the skin by accident(Though that wouldn't be too much of an issue, but still)
They keybind could me something like CTRL + ALT + Application Key, though. No-one could press that on accident.
Ayesha Altugle
Press ctrl+shift+alt+S simultaneously and your request is there.
Topic Starter
Pannari

vahn10 wrote:

Press ctrl+shift+alt+S simultaneously and your request is there.
I've never known of this, sorry for the pointless request.

edit: It is really buggy at the moment though, the background goes black and my cursor is no longer visible.
edit2: Adding it to the wiki on the shortcuts page. Also reported the bug.
Nathanael
I'll be marking this as resolved. :3
Lach
Wouldn't that be invalid, not resolved? This isn't a technical issue.
Nathanael
Its resolved since the feature exists. Oh well, added that just to make sure.
deadbeat
resolved is enough