forum

osu! Windows 60 fps animated cursors

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
loldcraft
Just put together a few animated cursors (rotating at 60 fps) for Windows using the old osu! cursor image and some imagemagick wizardry :v

Easier said than done to post screenshots :P, but here's the base image:

And what you get:

(well surprise, its the same thing)

The final cursor is 32x32px due to Windows limitations (roughly half of the cursor size in osu)

Download: http://puu.sh/7NT7v.ani
FrzR
Nice job. =w=)b

I think I've seen a similar thread before. .-.
- Marco -

Fr33z3R wrote:

Also i saw a thread like this, probably by LoliFlan
Topic Starter
loldcraft

Fr33z3R wrote:

yes you have

marcostudios wrote:

Also i saw a thread like this, probably by LoliFlan
was by darkimmortal few years back
Avail_old_1
Even the wording you used looks awful lot similar to what darkimmortal used.
Darkimmortal
There's a reason I used the old style cursor - the new one doesn't converge on a single pixel
Topic Starter
loldcraft

Avail wrote:

Even the wording you used looks awful lot similar to what darkimmortal used.
It's the same. I'll retype it since i have time now.EDIT: i'm crap at expressing it in my own words after i've read the original post, my version was more or less the same just with crappier english

Darkimmortal wrote:

There's a reason I used the old style cursor - the new one doesn't converge on a single pixel
TL;DR
yes, i'm aware on that, but the lack of a contrasting colour made it hard to find the cursor on light backgrounds, something the new cursor solves
I know it reduces precision, so that's why i'm only using this for the regular cursor, i'm still using yours for the "precision select" and "link select"
(precision isn't quite required unless you're clicking a button or something)

long version:
SPOILER
In fact it was your cursor that inspired me to make this, mainly because while using it especially agaisnt a light background i always lost the cursor and had to find it, something that the new style cursor doesnt have problems with (the blue plus makes it much easier to track)
also I saw someone request one based on the new style when I was myself looking for a new style cursor, and since noone made it i've figured out i'd just do it instead.
I know the new style cursor doesn't converge on a single pixel, but that doesnt matter because the cursor clickpoint isnt the exact centre anyway, because there's no "centre pixel" for a 32x32 image. And for all practical purposes it doesn't really matter. also i'd prefer cursors to be geared towards visibility and speed, so its just more of a personal preference thing (I still use yours for the link select and precision select cursor, since that's the only time i'd require precision