forum

[resolved] [solved] Installing and uninstalling Devocub plugin caused osu to lag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
minhperry
Problem details:
I tried out the Devocub Filter for OTD today but it caused me insane lag in game so I uninstalled it. But now, whenever I play on Stable, moving the MOUSE would somehow cause insane frame spike to around 20-30ms per frame, it's somewhat less laggy but will still have random lag spike in game. Even leaving the cursor still and the game runnign without any input, the framerate would drop to 4ms for a while then instantly rise to 20ms and do that over and over again. Assume the issue was not from Devocub filter or anything OTD related, how can I "detect" what could be causing it?

I have also tried on lazer, still having the issue but to a lesser extent. With debug screen of lazer I can see input rate is 1000Hz (which was the Devocub settings frequency before I deleted it).

Mouse is the 20€ Razer one with Synapse driver. Exiting it doesn't help. Turning on or off Raw input in game doesn't help either. Everything was running fine the prev day.

osu! version: Stable 20240820.1 (latest)
Blushing
There might be some remnant of the devocup plugin in the tablet driver. Or you may need to restart your computer for its effects to be implemented.

Otherwise you installed a plugin on a 3rd party program and you should probably get in touch with OTD devs to see if they have a fix, as osu! was not lagging before the installation of that plugin.
Topic Starter
minhperry
Apparently it went away after a day, despite the fact that I also restarted it in the same day before. So this is solved ig.