forum

is paying for osu! collector worth it?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GappleFi
looking for a way to get a bunch of beatmaps and found osu! collector, is it worth it?

also sorry if im posting this in the wrong area
Wimpy Cursed
It does save time, so yeah.
Though if you don't want absolute garbage songs in the mix and would rather delete them, I wouldn't suggest it.
Laskerf
I think it isn't, there are other (free) ways to make and mass download collections/new maps. Personally I use osu!alt bot to make my own, which isn't the same as a collection specifically made by a human, but it's good enough for me and it doesn't miss any maps with the parameters I want. Not easy to single out tech maps and such in this way other than stealing maps from tech players tho, so osu!collector still has some niche
Voidedosu
It depends entirely on what you're looking for.

If you have discord or something like that, Osu!Alt as Laskerf suggested is probably better as you have quite a few parameters you can control and sift out anything that might be dogshit to you (or just objectively dogshit).

If you don't give two shits, there's probably some other mass-download site. Or just do that from the site itself.

If you're like me and have specific collections of maps that you need to have, Collector is very good and worth the tiny investment.

Keep in mind that while it won't let you d/l the whole collection at once you can still Osu!direct them one-by-one.