forum

I made an Osu! AI Lobby Bot, Maybe Will Be Closed Next Month

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ThangProVip
I made this room in 2 weeks and maybe will close it next month since it costs 20$ to maintain the room every month I hope all can try the room and see if my ideas about this kind of lobby are good, the main idea of the room is just join and play, I'll pick the map base on your rank and start when you're ready, I mean just come to the room and talk with it, It can chat and do "things", just mess with it.

Search Auto - !rhelp in the search bar and you might find the room. Leave me a comment or ideas here for me to improve it, i want the room will be more fun to play

I've talked about this on Osu! discord, people complemented it a lot but no one came to the room lol, so I hope the forum can give me some ideas, thanks
I AM VERY SMART
Is it on stable or lazer? Because I'm not a stable player
Topic Starter
ThangProVip

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

Is it on stable or lazer? Because I'm not a stable player
Stable mate
Topic Starter
ThangProVip
I can't get anyone to try the room for me, this idea cost me a lot of time, and it looks like shouldn't think of anything to improve the lobby. I created account just to test the AI and all got banned, i mailed them and they don't understand the things I'm making, i asked many players and most of them are just quiet, i posted to forum and Discord and no one came, tbh, this's suck
Duck o-o
didnt see this earlier but ill test it later prob if u want
Topic Starter
ThangProVip

Duck o-o wrote:

didnt see this earlier but ill test it later prob if u want
I mean it's opening 24/24 now, you can come and talk with the AI in the lobby, thanks
Duck o-o
is pretty cool but i haf a question
how would this work if likeee 10 people were in the lobby and they were all different ranks? would it take an average or something

edit: also would the bot get overwhelmed by multiple people talking at once
Topic Starter
ThangProVip

Duck o-o wrote:

how would this work if likeee 10 people were in the lobby and they were all different ranks? would it take an average or something

I've calculated a lot of cases, so it'll take the median of 10 players, it's hard to make all happy but I tried my best to calculate the min max stars for each kind of rank

And the bot has like 6 cooldowns everytime it completes a reply so it won't be overwhelmed

btw i just added when the lobby has 1 player and he wants to change the map, the bot won't try to check the map
Duck o-o

ThangProVip wrote:

Duck o-o wrote:

I've calculated a lot of cases, so it'll take the median of 10 players, it's hard to make all happy but I tried my best to calculate the min max stars for each kind of rank

And the bot has like 6 cooldowns everytime it completes a reply so it won't be overwhelmed

btw i just added when the lobby has 1 player and he wants to change the map, the bot won't try to check the map
o nice
also maybe add likeee an amount of time after saying to pick a map so it doesnt ask for a map and then say it cant find a map within a couple of seconds

(if thats possible)
mastapiece0
I hadn't played on this lobby much but i will give some commends about it:

1. The starting time after everyone had the map, 30s is way too long. Somethings like 5-10s should be good enough as multi player doesnt like waiting too long (my experience on public multi).
2. I see this lobby behave more like o!rl lobby, but the lack of variety on mappick and playstyles(bot seems to choose aim map/tv size only on my case) doesnt make it very enjoyable, maybe u can add more maps and playstyle?
3. Another things i see is SR changing depend on the player rank, i guess it does check the top play too? Kinda cools and interesting take for pass player. The problem is sr changes everytime a player joins is not a good idea, considers that player cant even pick their fav maps and majority of multi lobby is 5-6 digits that only played on specific sr. Maybe u need a better scale sr check or just restricted it on a specific range of sr.

I haven't tried the AI things u do, but best to limits the chat for 3 rows of less. Last time someone implements the long sentences on the bot, most of players doesnt like how long the texts are.
Topic Starter
ThangProVip

mastapiece0 wrote:

I hadn't played on this lobby much but i will give some commends about it:

1. The starting time after everyone had the map, 30s is way too long. Somethings like 5-10s should be good enough as multi player doesnt like waiting too long (my experience on public multi).
2. I see this lobby behave more like o!rl lobby, but the lack of variety on mappick and playstyles(bot seems to choose aim map/tv size only on my case) doesnt make it very enjoyable, maybe u can add more maps and playstyle?
3. Another things i see is SR changing depend on the player rank, i guess it does check the top play too? Kinda cools and interesting take for pass player. The problem is sr changes everytime a player joins is not a good idea, considers that player cant even pick their fav maps and majority of multi lobby is 5-6 digits that only played on specific sr. Maybe u need a better scale sr check or just restricted it on a specific range of sr.

I haven't tried the AI things u do, but best to limits the chat for 3 rows of less. Last time someone implements the long sentences on the bot, most of players doesnt like how long the texts are.
I'll try to fix the first thing soon, the second is more like an error in my code, I made it pick fewer farm maps but seems like it didn't work, will fix it soon. I mean you can pick your fav map by asking the bot, just give it a link or a beat map ID, the bot might ask if most players want to play that map and it might pick it for you. About the SR (star rating right?), it takes the Median of the total players, so you could say it follows the major ranks in the lobby, I think it could make the maps pool, say the variety of maps in the room more interesting because it'll pick maps based on many kinds of SRs.

tbh I have no chance of doing this bot lol, everything is betraying me

osu! support <support@ppy.sh>
15:20 Th 2, 9 thg 9 (2 ngày trước)
To me

Hello,

Sorry, we no longer allow the creation of AutoHost bots.

Regards,

osu! support

How was my response today?

Rating: Good Rating: Okay Rating: Not Bad

On Wed, Sep 4, 2024 at 2:23 AM, Trọng Thắngg <fptisthebes1t@gmail.com> wrote:
mastapiece0
Im back! i tried abit of ur interacting AI (and u wont like my "keep going yapping"), but it is a bit that lack of features and needs better "wording" and to make the experience better. Also i will talk abit about general thing about bot running on multi lobby.

Without the chatting, this bot is just a genetic host rotate that osu-ahr, meowhal and matte doing better which more features. Ur bot making me remember on the current GPT Rematch and its only "commending result from the match" is already raised the mood (not the overpicked list - its a mixed result and im getting sidetrack).

Remember about that comparison i make about o!rl? Its has a cool things called "ranked match" that people praise about. And guess what? Its dead af cus all people care about is "pp - performance", "ranked scored" dont give people the same pleasure. Ur bot is sufferng the same issue cuz people doesnt care about interacting stuff.

From the "interacting", I'm seeing right now is its suffer from the Sydney bot issues (if u dont know, some japanese guy -i forgot the name - runs this bot on multi last summer for 3-4 months or something) - cools idea that its just doesnt working on the current osu! GUI. Sydney is an talkactive - a bit too much - that do interacting with player with interesting stuffs (expected since its using ChatGPT API), and its also doing the result commending about players result and sometimes even shittalk the one thats bad (boy i like this one). Sydney bot suffers from the fact that its text filled all the chatbox on lobby and its talkactive makes people annoying. Maybe u can get some this ideas from this if u get interested when return to this project again (i doubt it - u need a rest first).

tldr: people like the ideas but doesnt give af when its actually implements, also bots lacks features. Maybe osu!lazer will give a better bot running experience, but we will see about that.
Gl on your next project, hope u can keep the optimism man!

Update 1: Wow i was wrong, ur Ai bot is very well received on US-timed. There're lot of American players enjoys the lobby. Be proud of it!! :)