forum

[osu!lazer] osu!lazer doesn't let the cursor move with OpenTabletDriver on Linux

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ThomasYou03
Problem details: osu!lazer won't let me move my cursor with my drawing tablet, a Wacom Intuos S, and only osu!lazer does this. I'm using OpenTabletDriver on EndeavourOS, Linux.
I can use my tablet fine outside of lazer, but inside lazer, with the Tablet setting disabled, it won't let me move my cursor. I don't want to use the in-game tablet mode because it's less precise, doesn't let you use decimal numbers, which I kinda need for a specific recording setup, hence why I'm trying to use OpenTabletDriver externally.
Pressing down with the tablet doesn't make the cursor jump, as other people mentioned, and High Precision Mouse does nothing. Enabling Tablet in the game makes it work, but it's not what I want or need.

osu! version: Stable 2024.817.0-lazer
spaceman_atlas
You didn't list your compositor, so this might be https://github.com/ppy/osu/issues/21939. tl;dr: try setting either SDL_VIDEODRIVER=wayland or OSU_SDL3=1 envvars.
Topic Starter
ThomasYou03
Using Wayland, tried each of the environment variables one at a time, and even both at the same time, but still no dice, the cursor won't move without the tablet driver being enabled in lazer.
spaceman_atlas
Sorry, no idea then. I am at the stage wherein I generally do not feel able to or willing to debug wayland issues because they can be distro- and compositor- and whatever-else-specific and it's just too much of a pain to even try to reproduce.