forum

Skin that I use has some weird issue on the results screen

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PlopsyPlop
I recently got into osu! and found a skin that I like. Everything works fine besides some things that don't affect me at all, except on the results screen after playing a song. The textures in 2 areas are shifted to the left, to the point where I can't even see some parts (there's also an issue where two buttons are too far to the right but that may be just an osu! isssue on my side). I was wondering if there was a way to fix this. I play on a macbook pro 14-inch by the way. If there's any more info I need to share, let me know because this is my first time using the forums.

Screenshot showing the issue: https://imgur.com/a/3u28A5u

Skin that I use (NM version): community/forums/topics/1498442?n=1
JustABeginner
Hi PlopsyPlop!

What screen resolution did you use for your osu! - you may check at your settings for that.

If your screen supports a ratio of 16:10 - or 8:5 - feel free to do these change as follows:

1.) Go to that skin folder and access Extras > 16-10 screen
2.) Copy the whole skin element in there and replace the existing ones at the main skinning assets.
3.) Reload your skin by pressing Shift + Ctrl + Alt + S keys altogether.

However if neither of the screen resolution is 16:9 or 16:10, you might have to change it to as mentioned.
Topic Starter
PlopsyPlop

JustABeginner wrote:

Hi PlopsyPlop!

What screen resolution did you use for your osu! - you may check at your settings for that.

If your screen supports a ratio of 16:10 - or 8:5 - feel free to do these change as follows:

1.) Go to that skin folder and access Extras > 16-10 screen
2.) Copy the whole skin element in there and replace the existing ones at the main skinning assets.
3.) Reload your skin by pressing Shift + Ctrl + Alt + S keys altogether.

However if neither of the screen resolution is 16:9 or 16:10, you might have to change it to as mentioned.
Ah, I tried doing that except I didn't know that you needed to reload the skin (I'm 6:10 I think). Do I need to remove the files for the 6:9 ratio, because I tried doing that and it removed parts of the skin. Also after rewatching the showcase of the skin, I realized some other things aren't showing properly either, as shown here: https://imgur.com/DqyC8mR
JustABeginner
1.) You don't need to delete the 16-9 screen folder. osu! will only detect the skin elements that are noticeable in the main folder:

osu!\Skins\Snowy Circles 『NM』 (v1.1)
           ^
           They will look though here only

Therefore, any changes that is made there will be overwritten once you reload the skin.
Hence, copying the whole image from 16-10 screen folder and paste it to the main folder will automatically replace all of the 16-9 screen images that are from there.

And as for the video you added, have you really try copying all of the images or just the screen results?
And what is your screen resolution right now if I may ask?
Topic Starter
PlopsyPlop

JustABeginner wrote:

1.) You don't need to delete the 16-9 screen folder. osu! will only detect the skin elements that are noticeable in the main folder:

osu!\Skins\Snowy Circles 『NM』 (v1.1)
           ^
           They will look though here only

Therefore, any changes that is made there will be overwritten once you reload the skin.
Hence, copying the whole image from 16-10 screen folder and paste it to the main folder will automatically replace all of the 16-9 screen images that are from there.

And as for the video you added, have you really try copying all of the images or just the screen results?
And what is your screen resolution right now if I may ask?
What I originally did was just download everything from the NM osk folder on google drive (version 1.1). Do I just take the 16:10 folder from the Extras folder and just take it out of the extras folder and paste it into the main skin? Also after looking on google, the exact screen resolution of my computer is 16:10.4 according to this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/16:10_aspect_ratio#:~:text=More%20gaming%20laptops%20have%20also,and%2016%2Dinch%20models%20respectively.

I'm not fully sure what you mean by copying 'all of the images or just the screen results'. Do I have to find every single image for the screen results in the folder? Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm just trying to understand.
Redo_
you select all the PNGs from the 16:10 folder and paste them into the main skin folder, then refresh the skin with Ctrl + Shift + Alt + S
Topic Starter
PlopsyPlop

Redo_ wrote:

you select all the PNGs from the 16:10 folder and paste them into the main skin folder, then refresh the skin with Ctrl + Shift + Alt + S
I tried doing that just now (sorry for the late response, had some things to do), and after replacing all the image files that I got popups to replace, the skin kind of broke further. This other osu button showed up on top of the regular osu button, some button images were missing, and a few other things. I had to redownload the skin to revert this. Any other ideas?
JustABeginner
If both skin doesn't support your screen resolution, the best alternative is to just switch your resolution to 16:9 or 16:10.

Examples of 16:9 resolution:
1920x1080 | 1366x768 | 1600x900 | 1280x720

Examples of 16:10 resolution:
1280×800 | 1440×900 | 1680×1050 | 1920×1200

By default the skin is in 16:9, you just need to replace based on how Redo_ told you to.