forum

Playing Osu! Tip

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Aoitenshi
Some Osu playing Tips by me, THIS REALLY WORKS. I hope this make an inexperienced player become more skilled. (YOU MAY CONTRIBUTE)

'EXTREME' Tips :

- Listen to Tutorial closely. Everyone that just skip them end up bored playing osu because they always miss every note.
- JUST CLICK THAT DAMN NOTE!!! (naruti)

Major Tips :

- STOP QUITTING FROM MULTIPLAYER BECAUSE YOU ONLY FAIL!!! Try to study the pattern of the note. (Blue_AnGelZZ)
- Relax your hands when you do Spinners and Deathstrams! It will help you very much and get an excellent result!
- When there's a stream of 1/2 Note, try to focus only in one finger. When there's a stream of 1/4 Note, try to forus one finger in 1/2 speed clicking while the other click in-between them.
- When there's a Kickstreams, try to focus on how many time I should click, rather than Clicking randomly.
- Windows Control Panel ==> Mouse ==> Pointer Options ==> "Enhance Pointer Precision" better not be checked. (Lybydose)
- Relax and enjoy playing, you'll realize sooner or later you're getting better as you progress, even when you fail constantly, because every failure is just a step up to success. (NachoPiggy)
- The best thing unexperienced players can do to get better is practice. If you get comfortable with your movement and timing you can try to play harder maps. (lesjuh)
- You should try to do harder songs early on. Despite losing a lot, they will get a lot better, faster than normal due to their reflexes being honed. (cfreyrun)

Minor Tips :

- Calm down if you mad! Because that will affect your gameplay much. Do something fun first.
- Ball mouse is not recommended if you are playing osu.
- If all of the map is too hard for you, you can try using Easy mod, after you're more experienced, you can try to Beat the Ass of the map without mod.
- Try to get a good mapper's map, There's a lot! Like DJPop, Alace, Darrihuka/DaRRi MiX, Card N'FoRcE, James, Rolled, Ignorethis, Pasonia, Larto and Many others!

That's all, and that's what I'm doing to make a fun and great experience to osu!
fartownik

Aoitenshi wrote:

- Try to get a good mapper's map, There's a lot! Like DJPop, Alace, Darrihuka/DaRRi MiX, Card N'FoRcE, James, Rolled, Ignorethis, Pasonia, Larto and Many others! (Exception: Happy30 and Kirby's map is for hardcore players!)
What the hell... aren't (example) DJPop's maps 'hardcore' too?
Lesjuh
Inexperienced players shouldn't play deathstreams or streams at all. Also, every map has easier difficulties so there's no exception for Kirby and happy >_>

Did you know that you can click the note with Right button of your mouse? you can use it to do Deathstreams. (This is the key to Osu! Champion!)
Most players use z/x, and just being good at deathsreams doesn't make you a Osu! champion yet or does it D:

The best thing unexperienced players cando to get better is practice. If you get comfortable with your movement and timing you can try to play harder maps.
Nachy
Relax and enjoy playing, you'll realize sooner or later you're getting better as you progress, even when you fail constantly, because every failure is just a step up to success (yeah cheesy blah blah blah)
Lybydose
TURN MOUSE ACCELERATION OFF

no really, TURN OFF MOUSE ACCELERATION

also, turn mouse accel off

seriously

turn it off

Windows Control Panel ==> Mouse ==> Pointer Options ==> "Enhance Pointer Precision" better not be checked
cfreyrun
You should add that someone should try to do harder songs early on. Despite losing alot, they will get alot better, faster than normal due to their reflexes being honed. My friend suggested this to me when I started and within a week I was able to do hard mode + songs okishly(C) on top of seeing normal etc as slow motion.(compared to struggling on normal when I started.)
Gopice

Lybydose wrote:

Windows Control Panel ==> Mouse ==> Pointer Options ==> "Enhance Pointer Precision" better not be checked
In windows xp that option is for cosmetic purposes only (it doesn't affect anything).
Also in windows vista/7 it will only disable mouse acceleration partially.
On both cases if you really want to disable mouse acceleration you have to install this patch:
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/76 ... e_Fix.html

Note: This would only work you don't have drivers installed that override the default windows mouse driver implementation.
In that case you would have to disable mouse acceleration in their config app or uninstall those drivers altogether.
Sup A Noob
I just started a few days ago but I'd like to say, use z/x. Makes deathstreams waaay easier to clear and the mouse movement isn't as jerky when you have another hand "clicking" for you.

Also, too many clicks will destroy the mouse.
anonymous_old

gopice wrote:

Lybydose wrote:

In windows xp that option is for cosmetic purposes only (it doesn't affect anything).
Lies.
Kitsunemimi

Lybydose wrote:

But what if we're used to using Mouse Acceleration to the point that we're better with it than without it? :<
Derekku
Don't we already have like two of these "play osu like a pro" topics? :S
0_o
I just realized now that I've had pointer precision on this whole time.

oops
Topic Starter
Aoitenshi
@DerrekuChan : I don't know about that. Still, I'm sick of my friends that skip the tutorial, then get bored in one day.
Jarby
A lot of this is just common sense, you know.
Topic Starter
Aoitenshi

JarJarJacob wrote:

A lot of this is just common sense, you know.
But what I wrote really works!
[deleted user]
Hi..
Thanks for the article... i will try soon that game.. that is fine for me... like to try new one...
Jarby

Aoitenshi wrote:

But what I wrote really works!
You'd expect common sense to work.
Gabi
look there is only one thing you can do to get better, and that is to play maps that you can not pass, and try to beat them in parts.

for example, i am a guy who only likes to play insane shit, so when i started osu i hardly played easy/normal maps, and focused on maps like hamatte [Insane]. ofcourse i could never pass it untill recently i fc'd, but before i managed to do that i tried to beat hamatte in parts. first part was being able to pass the first break, then the second etc etc untill i could pass the whole map. then i focused on fc.

frustrating yes, but it's also very fun

while you practice on insane maps, skill/experience will come without you noticing it ^^. just remember that taking a break sometime and playing easier maps is also very good to make you relax.

EDIT: while you guys are at it, please read this topic aswell viewtopic.php?f=13&t=17631

also @lybodose: FUUUU I USE MOUSE ACCELERATION MWHAHAHA
Hanyuu
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

Hanyuu wrote:

use a mousespeed where you move the mouse calmly. i think if you use 20 cm of your desk to get from one to the next you should make a higher mouse sensitivity. but a too high sensitivity for starting is bad too
Optimal sensitivity is highly based on preference.

I agree with Gabi. Challenge yourself. Be like Gabi and play insane-as-hell maps. Be like Cyclone and strive for the best accuracy. Be like ShaggoN and FL difficult maps. Just ... be awesome in your own awesome way.
Kitsunemimi

strager wrote:

Just ... be awesome in your own awesome way.
:)
luva_old
om translate dong ... saya gak ngerti bahasa inggris @_@ :) :) :) :) :)
Hikaros
Angelhoney makes maps that are seriously hard and they are seriously fun. he usually does touhou (if not only lol) which are really nice songs.
Raging Bull
Holy crap that 1 year necro
Waryas
oh my god
Sup A Noob
That's almost two years.

And Hikaros didn't notice.
show more