forum

long notes ruin my accuracy. skill issue or no

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rk_osumania
For a bit of context, i got into o!m through funky friday, i consistently got 99% accuracy on most songs that i could read over there but now that i've switched to osu! my accuracy is fine until i come across a long note, it seems no matter how well i time it, it just gets the lowest score possible from it. idk how to fix it because i literally cannot time it well enough even on lower than 1 star maps.

i understand that osu!mania is FAR harder than FF but surely it's beyond a skill issue, right?
UltraBlack
Same, usually it happens because of the release, I play for a couple years and still not sure yet but I personally believe it is either bad game latency (low fps) or just bad habits. Find a skin with long notes that suits you and apply for to your skin, other than that just play more
Stickman92
Not a skill issue, you just need some practice with LN's. More practice means, you'll learn how to hold LN's then release em on beat.
My Angel Marisa
it takes time to get used to ln releases, so dw you just gotta play more xd
midgy

Stickman92 wrote:

Not a skill issue, you just need some practice with LN's. More practice means, you'll learn how to hold LN's then release em on beat.
isn't this the definition of a skill issue? xd
Stickman92

midgy wrote:

Stickman92 wrote:

isn't this the definition of a skill issue? xd
If OP was saying LN's suck then it'd be a skill issue. Since OP is just asking for tips, it is not skill issue.

Basically, its only a skill issue when someone complains about something being bad because they are bad at it. Or complain that something is impossible because they can't do it themselves. Thats what I'd consider a skill issue.