forum

Need HELP left hand suddenly struggling to tap. Unable to play 2* above properly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lichennn
So I started playing Mania in March 2023. It's been one year and five months since I played this game. I can barely get an S on a 6* song. Lately, I've been having problems with my left hand. All of a sudden, my left hand is struggling to tap.

Chronology:
So a few months ago I downloaded the beatmap stream pack. back then I thought my stream skill was rusty so all I had in mind was to get the stream skill back but stupidly I couldn't stream just because the scroll speed I was using was a bit too fast for me to read. so I played every song in the beatmap pack and something weird happened to my pinky and ring finger of my left hand. it started curling every time I play mania. If I try to straighten those two finger while playing, it makes it hard for me to tap while playing. it was the first problem I had, but I didn't really mind playing with those two finger curled.

Now here's the problem. The thing that causes my left hand to struggle to tap is that my forehand tenses up whenever I play a fast map, once it tenses up it will always end up like that so I struggle to tap with my left hand even if the map is only 2* and slow. I try to relax but I can't seem to do it as if my hand has a mind of its own. it just gets tense every time I play. I've asked my friends for advice and they told me to rest for a week. The reason I made this thread is because maybe I can find some useful advice here(seriously I need advice, please help ;-;)

This is my handycam playing a song, maybe you guys can see what's wrong, is my left hand in the wrong position or what? (Notice how my left-hand taps in the first part compared to the last part. keybind as;')
HandCam

Notes: Sorry for the bad English as I used a translator to make this thread
Stickman92
You've got a 7* map that you can only get 80%, being one of your most replayed maps with 354 replays.So I'm guessing you've just built up a bad habit of tensing up and spamming through difficult maps that are above your skill level which carried over to easier songs. It could be something else, that's just my guess.

I'd take your friends advice rest for the week, have fun with other things, then come back with a fresh mindset. If I was in your position, I'd probably try doing some hand & finger exercises, forearm stretches. Figure out how i built the bad habit. Stop doing difficult maps for a bit and work on learning to play with a relaxed forearm, fix up my technique, then ramp up in difficulty from there.

Hope that helps a little bit.
Topic Starter
Lichennn

Stickman92 wrote:

You've got a 7* map that you can only get 80%, being one of your most replayed maps with 354 replays.So I'm guessing you've just built up a bad habit of tensing up and spamming through difficult maps that are above your skill level which carried over to easier songs. It could be something else, that's just my guess.

I'd take your friends advice rest for the week, have fun with other things, then come back with a fresh mindset. If I was in your position, I'd probably try doing some hand & finger exercises, forearm stretches. Figure out how i built the bad habit. Stop doing difficult maps for a bit and work on learning to play with a relaxed forearm, fix up my technique, then ramp up in difficulty from there.

Hope that helps a little bit.
Thanks for the Advice I appreciate it. Noted*