forum

The Stability of Lazer Scores

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
fdfdjfk3
So, recently I've been playing on osu!lazer, because I'm on Linux and my osu!stable installation (through wine) recently completely broke for whatever reason, so I took that as an opportunity to try out osu!lazer, and so far I really enjoy it. But I wonder about the legitimacy of scores set on osu!lazer. I've set a few cool plays on lazer, like my 4th, 14th (also highest SR ranked SS) best play, and some loved scores that I also like.

What I'm wondering is, are (specifically non-lazer specific mods) osu!lazer scores as "stable" as a score set in osu!stable? Like are they subject to a random score wipe, or will they be placed on a separate ranking? What got me thinking about this, is that even though I'm gaining ranks from my lazer plays, they are invisible on my profile unless I enable "lazer mode" on the website. Likewise, if I get high on a leaderboard, it doesn't show up on my recent activity (whereas with stable every score in the top 1,000 of the respective beatmap gets shown there)

Uh so yea, thanks for reading!
Naiad
Pretty sure lazer scores that currently award pp are 100% safe and will not disappear.
Topic Starter
fdfdjfk3

Naiad wrote:

Pretty sure lazer scores that currently award pp are 100% safe and will not disappear.
That's great to hear !! Do you happen to know if/when lazer scores will be visible on the website like any other score, without toggling something to see them ? And also when leaderboard scores from lazer will be made visible on profiles ?
I AM VERY SMART

fdfdjfk3 wrote:

Naiad wrote:

That's great to hear !! Do you happen to know if/when lazer scores will be visible on the website like any other score, without toggling something to see them ? And also when leaderboard scores from lazer will be made visible on profiles ?
When you say "without toggling something", are you talking about these?

Topic Starter
fdfdjfk3

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

fdfdjfk3 wrote:

Naiad wrote:

When you say "without toggling something", are you talking about these?

yea
Naiad

fdfdjfk3 wrote:

Naiad wrote:

I'm not sure, you might do well asking in the official osu! dev server.
Winnyace

Lazer mode is there because peppy knew there will be people butthurt that after 10+ years of scores, things will change and they will be devalued. People that were butthurt still complained, however, but that's the premise behind it: people who aren't yet ready for Lazer can remain on Stable for as long as possible.

And if your install of stable on Linux broken, if you have osu-winello installed, try running osu-wine --update
Topic Starter
fdfdjfk3

Winnyace wrote:

Lazer mode is there because peppy knew there will be people butthurt that after 10+ years of scores, things will change and they will be devalued. People that were butthurt still complained, however, but that's the premise behind it: people who aren't yet ready for Lazer can remain on Stable for as long as possible.

And if your install of stable on Linux broken, if you have osu-winello installed, try running osu-wine --update
Oh alrighty, and that's cool that there'll be no leaderboard resets!! I'm trying to remember how I initially set up stable, I don't think I use osu-winello, I set my wineprefix to a folder near my osu install and I ran the installer with wine and it worked fine for a while ... Maybe I can try out osu-winello though, that'd probably make it easier, lol.

Naiad wrote:

fdfdjfk3 wrote:

Naiad wrote:

I'm not sure, you might do well asking in the official osu! dev server.
And okei, i'll keep dat in mind, thanks friends!