forum

Aim phenomenom

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hyerark
This is just a discusson thred I made because I was bored AND because I had this thing what I call aim phenomenom. So what is this exactly?
Well in my case after returning from a couple of months break when I returned I had that feeling my is terrible shaky, weak pretty much terrible so much taht I used to FC 4*-ish beatmaps while now I couldn't FC 3.1* beatmaps.
Playing only for fun didn't help me or changing mouse grip (since I'm a mouse player, yes I know CHANGE TO TABLET ALREADY... Nah, not gonna happen) so I played a bunch of maps without the urge to FC-them and finally passed 3 months... Aaand nothing changed at all!
So last time I entered the game I felt like: Oh sheet not again... OK fine, playing a little HD won't hurt... And surprisingly I FC-d it on first try! This was a HUUUUUGE confidence boost and after this I picked a long 4 minute 3.74* map no mode and I FC-d it!
So I don't know if this was aim or reading issue or whatever but is is finally gone.

Have you ever experienced anything similar or something entirely different? If you're just bored and want to talk about a random osu! nerd's dumb problem (which is already solved) feel free to write anything even totally unrelated thing.
Winnyace
These issues are always due to mindset and quirks of the brain. Going on your profile, I saw you mostly play NoMod, thus Hidden for you is new and you had no expectations, which helped you out. Having no expectations after returning to the game is very important. A lot of the times, we remember the highlights, not the amount of failures we've spent getting to them. You said that you used to FC 4 stars map, right? Most likely, your peak was able to FC 4 stars map, but your median wasn't, and maybe isn't even now, really there. You were fighting against your peak performance, which is very unrealistic and can be extremely demotivating, making you stuck.
Naiad
Most of aim is reading anyways.