forum

Does having a different sensitivity in OSU than in Windows affect muscle memory?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lesphix
Hello!
I'm new to OSU, I play with a mouse and I'd like to know if having a different sensitivity in OSU and another in Windows negatively affects muscle memory, for example in Windows I use 800dpi 6/11 and in OSU I have the same DPI but with a higher sensitivity like 1.5x.
Will this affect my way of playing?
I would also like to know some optimal sensitivities for playing and which would be better between high and low or medium like 800dpi 1.0x
Thanks!

PD: Sorry if I posted this on a forum I wasn't on, I didn't know how it worked.
Winnyace
It doesn't. If you get used to the settings you've now and then change them, that will affect your muscle memory much more. Also, to change your sensitivity in-game, it requires Raw Input to be turned on in-game, which means it bypasses the OS's processing and filtering completely, so your Os sensitivity doesn't matter.

Play with whatever you find most comfortable and stable. You want to be able to hit just about everything within a comfortable range for hands and arms. A rule of thumb, however, is that higher DPI and lower in-game sensitivity is better than low DPI and high in-game sensitivity. The in-game sensitivity is similar to a multiplier to your DPI, which is the mouse's raw sensitivity. The lower this multiplier, the better. There are pro players in game like CS2, which require just as about much precision, if not more, that play with 7 in-game sens and a high DPI like woxic, who plays with 1600DPI and 1.5 sens. Find a comfortable sensitivity for you and stick with it.
Naiad
My guess is that it does a tiny bit but it's probably insignificant.
AccountWontWork
Its fine to have different dpi/sensitivity in windows and osu! it wont affect your ability to gain muscle memory.

try testing a dpi from 400dpi to 800dpi and see what is more comfortable for you and just stick to it.
Topic Starter
Lesphix
Thank you so much!