forum

I fell off so hard plays from 6 months ago are better than what I get now, how do I cope?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
StalkyBoi
Basically, my last top play was set 5 months ago. All my big PP plays are months old. I haven't improved one fucking bit in my last 80 hours of gameplay. In fact, I've gotten worse. I literally used to be better when rusty. I fell off mad. Is it a skill issue or should I do something other than "play the game"? Please help, I like this game, but seemingly being physically unable to improve is painful.
Naiad
Your playcount per month has been consistently decreasing, probably why you're rusty.
Topic Starter
StalkyBoi

Naiad wrote:

Your playcount per month has been consistently decreasing, probably why you're rusty.
I really, really hope you're right. If it's so, then all it will take is just "play more". Do you think it's enough to play 1 or 2 hours a day to improve? I mean, I'm not trying to become the next Mrekk, I have a life, but I still wanna improve at the game well.
Naiad

StalkyBoi wrote:

Naiad wrote:

I really, really hope you're right. If it's so, then all it will take is just "play more". Do you think it's enough to play 1 or 2 hours a day to improve? I mean, I'm not trying to become the next Mrekk, I have a life, but I still wanna improve at the game well.
1 or 2 hours is almost certainly enough to improve.
Topic Starter
StalkyBoi

Naiad wrote:

StalkyBoi wrote:

Naiad wrote:

1 or 2 hours is almost certainly enough to improve.
Thanks for the helpful replies.

Today, I switched to the argon pro (2022) skin in Lazer, and got a 150pp play and a 160pp play back to back (no flex). I also noticed I got better generally. Maybe I should just switch it up a bit? Anyways, I'll make an effort to git gud and derust.
_mp1506

StalkyBoi wrote:

Basically, my last top play was set 5 months ago. All my big PP plays are months old. I haven't improved one fucking bit in my last 80 hours of gameplay. In fact, I've gotten worse. I literally used to be better when rusty. I fell off mad. Is it a skill issue or should I do something other than "play the game"? Please help, I like this game, but seemingly being physically unable to improve is painful.
You can improve, you're just too stressed.
Topic Starter
StalkyBoi

_mp1506 wrote:

StalkyBoi wrote:

Wait how did you get to 3 digit with 600 hours??? Are you some sort of sorcerer?
rematyar
Don't worry mate, I can feel ya. Just be strong, we can get through it 🥲
I AM VERY SMART
You will get better.
_mp1506

StalkyBoi wrote:

_mp1506 wrote:

StalkyBoi wrote:

Wait how did you get to 3 digit with 600 hours??? Are you some sort of sorcerer?
um.. you have 7 days total in game time with 3kpp times 3 = 21 days with 9k ??
meanwhile i took 26 days
BlueChinchompa

StalkyBoi wrote:

_mp1506 wrote:

StalkyBoi wrote:

Taiko has existed for a long time on many different apps or consoles so many people come from those to osu! Taiko and can quickly rank up.
Naiad

StalkyBoi wrote:

_mp1506 wrote:

StalkyBoi wrote:

Taiko ranks are vastly less competitive than standard
Topic Starter
StalkyBoi

_mp1506 wrote:

StalkyBoi wrote:

_mp1506 wrote:

StalkyBoi wrote:

um.. you have 7 days total in game time with 3kpp times 3 = 21 days with 9k ??
meanwhile i took 26 days
The math is actually mathing now lol. Thanks for clearing up

Edit: i didn't notice it's taiko lololol 💀
_mp1506

Naiad wrote:

StalkyBoi wrote:

_mp1506 wrote:

StalkyBoi wrote:

true af.. taiko is less popular for some reason.. perhaps due to 'un-ticctoccable' gameplay ? XD
Topic Starter
StalkyBoi

BlueChinchompa wrote:

StalkyBoi wrote:

_mp1506 wrote:

StalkyBoi wrote:

Taiko has existed for a long time on many different apps or consoles so many people come from those to osu! Taiko and can quickly rank up.
Wait im an idiot it's taiko not std 💀

Naiad wrote:

StalkyBoi wrote:

_mp1506 wrote:

StalkyBoi wrote:

Didn't notice it's taiko lol

_mp1506 wrote:

Naiad wrote:

StalkyBoi wrote:

_mp1506 wrote:

StalkyBoi wrote:

true af.. taiko is less popular for some reason.. perhaps due to 'un-ticctoccable' gameplay ? XD
Possibly because of that, the fact that standard was the first gamemode ever, and that taiko isn't nearly as unique as standard. Also, it doesn't look as cool or impressive as std.
lewski
if u play taiko on a drum controller u will look cooler than literally all std players combined