forum

about latest art contest

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fujiya

about latest art contest

While flipping through the backgrounds in the main menu, I noticed a rather strange piece of art, specifically #41 from the competition (https://osu.ppy.sh/community/contests/215)

As far as I remember, I read in the competition rules that any AI generation is prohibited and this part of the art looks quite strange.

1. here is that part of the image https://imgur.com/a/N4UztGU

Not to have any negativity, I just would like to know the opinions of other players!) so...
Winnyace
E-Mail peppy and tell him about it.
chlortal
? that is a normally drawn nose and mouth
Ymir
To me it doesn't seem like AI, but if you do have concerns, you could always ring up staff.
I AM VERY SMART
How do you know if it's AI generated or not? I don't understand.
Wimpy Cursed
Eh. There isn't enough information to go off on.
I checked their Twitter to find some more information, but I only got more art that is similar in style. They seem to use a render, but I am unsure on what that really means, it is pretty vague.

Looked into their YouTube community tab next. Honestly, this only tells me that this is really their art style. Their past sketches in comparison looked identical. However, I still don't understand how a render plays into this.
Ymir
Isn't rendering one of the finishing stages of an art piece? I'm not sure what exactly it entails, but I've heard artists use the phrase before.
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Rendering in terms of digital illustration is the entire process of creating the drawing in the drawing app of your choice. So from sketch/line art to colouring and final touches is part of 'rendering' the final completed piece.

I seldom use the term though, (apart from when I do 'final renders' where I add some visual flair and further define the colour, details, etc.) but that's what the term means.

But yeah that piece, from a brief look, looks consistent to their artstyle. And as said before, email staff if you have concerns.
Lyawi
don't think it's AI tbh, just a different style
Puppet
To me it Doesnt look like ai lol
MaxIsABigKaiju

Puppet wrote:

To me it Doesnt look like ai lol
Same
osutryhard123
Looks like ai, but that could be the style they’re going after ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Eyeonized
looks like ai to me ;-;
Duck o-o
is prob just their style or whatever
i thought it was ai too at first when i saw it in game ;-;
however looking at it close up it just seems to likee have things placed weirdly (the mouth especially) rather than it being generated