forum

HOW DO I GET GOOD ACC PLEASE HELP

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
randomperson913
i can fc maps but my accurcy is most of the time like under 90 how i do fix this pleaseee i need help
i am around the 5 star range
for jumps and streams
Voidedosu
Play 3-4* maps until you get at least 95%+ acc. on those, then increment by .3-.5* until you start dipping below that. Practice at that point until you reach that 95%+ benchmark, and repeat. You can start easier if you want (though I think at 200K any lower than high 2* isn't gonna be that effective), but not any lower. Similarly you can up the acc. benchmark to 97% or something, and/or include requiring a FC, but no lower than 95%.

Also keep in mind that 95%+ needs to be consistent. You shouldn't leave until you can pull up 10 random songs in that SR range and get 95%+ without much trouble (less than 10 retries).

Essentially, if that's your usual acc range at the 5* level, then 5* maps are currently too hard for you to varying degrees and you need to move down in difficulty. In fairness, mid-high 3* might be overshooting how far you need to lower it, but I think it'll help as a frame of reference as the lower floor of your comfort zone. That SR point when you start slipping on that 95% benchmark is where your comfort zone ends as that's where you'll need to begin to start improving.
Topic Starter
randomperson913

Voidedosu wrote:

Play 3-4* maps until you get at least 95%+ acc. on those, then increment by .3-.5* until you start dipping below that. Practice at that point until you reach that 95%+ benchmark, and repeat. You can start easier if you want (though I think at 200K any lower than high 2* isn't gonna be that effective), but not any lower. Similarly you can up the acc. benchmark to 97% or something, and/or include requiring a FC, but no lower than 95%.

Also keep in mind that 95%+ needs to be consistent. You shouldn't leave until you can pull up 10 random songs in that SR range and get 95%+ without much trouble (less than 10 retries).

Essentially, if that's your usual acc range at the 5* level, then 5* maps are currently too hard for you to varying degrees and you need to move down in difficulty. In fairness, mid-high 3* might be overshooting how far you need to lower it, but I think it'll help as a frame of reference as the lower floor of your comfort zone. That SR point when you start slipping on that 95% benchmark is where your comfort zone ends as that's where you'll need to begin to start improving.
thanks also does playing hard rock help at all
Voidedosu
Not really, especially if you're looking for improvement, yes, od10 does require stricter timings, but unless it's paired with actually readable AR (like 7-9) then it's virtually unplayable for these purposes. Playing on AR/od10 (or 9.8) gives you really bad habits of merely reacting to the notes as you see them on-screen instead of actively trying to read ahead to see where you need to go next (and conversely playing with EZ or too low an AR on high SR makes the note density so high it's nigh-impossible to tell where you need to go if that's not already a playstyle you've invested into; idk what you think about EZ, but it is hard as low AR is no joke.) A lot of the time I hear people say not to start seriously using HR until you can consistently do well on 5* and I do tend to agree as that's when you start to see a lot of maps with AR9.5+ naturally.

NM is your friend. If you REALLY want high AR practice then the usual go-to is AR7.5-8.5 with dt. I still don't get why people never made more AR6.6-6.9 maps to lead in to AR7+HR but whatever. It just makes more sense to ease people into that higher AR without the added diff spike of a 1.5x speed multiplier but what do I know?

And yes, I would argue no hd, either. It's not as inherently bad as the other three, but I think you might want to use the approach circles to help you more.
Puppet
For me just playing more lower stars really helped. Also try to not retry spam to much and just play trough the full map
I AM VERY SMART

Puppet wrote:

For me just playing more lower stars really helped. Also try to not retry spam to much and just play trough the full map
Sightreading is for me the best thing that helped me to get good acc
Naiad

randomperson913 wrote:

Voidedosu wrote:

thanks also does playing hard rock help at all
Yes HR is a great tool for improving acc but only if you can read the AR comfortably, which voidedosu kind of already addressed.