forum

anyone else just avoids communities in general?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jellinad
I feel like there's nothing for me in 99% of communities, the whole atmosphere feels so hostile for no reason. feeling like I only want to do things in solace and not interact with anyone anymore really.
Winnyace
I have hunch you wrote this because something happened to you and you want some resolution and sympathy. I would say to calm down first if something did happen.
xch00F
yes but not because of other ppl, mostly because I don't think I deserve friendship
Polyspora
he's literally me
Patatitta
IRL communities no, those are sick, internet fandoms, yeah, I like enjoying things for the work itself and not because the community and memes, fandoms usually distort a lot of the original artistic intention of the work
Karmine
If you're talking about game communities if it's a competitive game it will be toxic, there's no avoiding that.
Also being part of a community doesn't mean you have to make it 100% of your personality, you can be part of multiple at once without being too invested in any.
Lyawi

Jellinad wrote:

I feel like there's nothing for me in 99% of communities, the whole atmosphere feels so hostile for no reason. feeling like I only want to do things in solace and not interact with anyone anymore really.
you might seek socializing in those communities again someday. maybe not right now. take your time
I AM VERY SMART
What's so hostile about joining communities in general? Is it the number of people that bothers you?
stevennnn
It's kinda hard to avoid communities in general unless you're a serious misanthrope
- Marco -
the only gaming community i joined was osu! because i felt welcome from day 1
Naiad
I actively seek out and interact with any community even vaguely related to me. I grew up in Malta, I own the Maltese discord. I'm a Hungarian citizen, I'm in osu! Hungary. I currently reside in Oklahoma, I'm in osu! Oklahoma.
Polyspora

Naiad wrote:

I actively seek out and interact with any community even vaguely related to me. I grew up in Malta, I own the Maltese discord. I'm a Hungarian citizen, I'm in osu! Hungary. I currently reside in Oklahoma, I'm in osu! Oklahoma.
why would you go to america
Naiad

Polyspora wrote:

Naiad wrote:

why would you go to america
Was born in America, even if I grew up in Malta. Will be attending college in Chicago soon.
I AM VERY SMART

- Marco - wrote:

What about the Hatsune Miku community
Topic Starter
Jellinad

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

What's so hostile about joining communities in general? Is it the number of people that bothers you?
I feel like it kills my fun and I'm either not physically good enough (multiplayer shooters) or mentally good enough (show/movie fandoms) and I also have very differing opinions on some topics compared to the majority of people.
Puppet
I only really join communities when i spend allot of time on said thing
Achromalia

stevennnn wrote:

It's kinda hard to avoid communities in general unless you're a serious misanthrope
maybe to some extent? but im not sure thats quite true

these forums are probably an example of a loosely identifiable community i would vaguely be part of, but in general i don't interact with or participate in or even really visit communities around media or activities

at most i would lurk and orbit and observe with absolute anonymity, unless ive already been known somewhere for multiple years of my childhood or adolescence

misanthropy is not required, unless maybe we carry different definitions for what that might mean. it's more that im scared of or anxious around people and i don't particularly like having any opportunities for continuous and substantive consequences that i can't acknowledge and prepare for

so it could just as easily be more a matter of fear and insecurity, despite my fascination and joy in observing how people live and create and explore and think
ClevelandsMyBro
you avoid communities. the community avoids me.

we are not the same
[TCD] Dzar03
depend on how I want to interact with a specific community, would be easier to get into if something inspired me, got my friends also join that community
also I prefer small community, sometimes they are somewhat healthier and easier to get into
B0ii
im usually hella shy
Utsushime
Depends on the scale of it, I suppose. If it is some blanket community—the gaming, anime, and tech communities, for example, built around mainstream social networking sites—then I want no part in it. This often extends to some niche communities as well, though it is not the norm. However, while I don't avoid forums (which I think to be superior) and such, finding communities you vibe with is a different matter entirely. 
- Marco -

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

- Marco - wrote:

What about the Hatsune Miku community
I just follow artists and stuff i guess
t37m
krunker

i started playing krunker around 2019 so i was just lil preteen getting into another shooter game other than splatoon. During this time everything was so simple, join on, shoot snipe bim bam boom, get skins, get currencies, just very simple concepts. 2020 hit and i was like "okkk ima join serverss :DDD!!" my first one was the official server that everyone stayed in and it branched out into clan servers and lil team servers like any other shooter game. I didnt really get into clan servers because they were constantly changing at the time cuz of the game getting updates alot.

anyways i stayed in the main official server because thats where everything was at. I would eventually get known because i vc'ed alot. I would eventually get really competitive playing ranked all the time. Then suddenly this update hit and they changed the way ranked works and it was awful, people were getting paired with new players or pro players and it was inconsistent and it was terrible.

anyyways hanging out in this community i started to notice how toxic everyone was getting like i would be in call and people and people just seemed toxic and naggy and sometimes bigoted. i would just be like "oh okay you do you 😛😛and i would move on". But eventually coming to 2022 it just seemed like meanies in vc were like a everyday thing. No chill people trying to play the game it was just full of competitive players that were just crabby. no fun. just monotone voices talking about comp and rank and it was boring. i felt like i was talking to robots with 0 personality and just npc's in general.

ANOTHERR thing i noticed increasing was the amount of nerds and geeks that were just uptight and pressed all the time. I never connected with them. they where on call just coding client stuff, i asked then what it was and they said C++??? idk but the vcs i would be in would just progressively just be those weird 4chan geek nerds that were crabby all the time and i just felt myself disconnecting from the server.

Now i just kinda see anything geeky or computer related stuff and i immediately think of krunker and i immediately just cringe, gag, and embarrassment fills my body to the core and its awful.
semaphore
I mean, I've definitely long since gotten my fix of this one
Polyspora

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

you avoid communities. the community avoids me.

we are not the same
this guy is so cool
StarsCastle
Irl, no cause I try to be involved with my community since I want to be more active & social but online its a big YES!! I'm usually shy online cause I either have nothing else to add to the conversation, scared people won't care abt my input, or scared people won't like me despite common interest. I'm definitely trying to put myself out there more though hehe :3
furry hater

t37m wrote:

krunker

i started playing krunker around 2019 so i was just lil preteen getting into another shooter game other than splatoon. During this time everything was so simple, join on, shoot snipe bim bam boom, get skins, get currencies, just very simple concepts. 2020 hit and i was like "okkk ima join serverss :DDD!!" my first one was the official server that everyone stayed in and it branched out into clan servers and lil team servers like any other shooter game. I didnt really get into clan servers because they were constantly changing at the time cuz of the game getting updates alot.

anyways i stayed in the main official server because thats where everything was at. I would eventually get known because i vc'ed alot. I would eventually get really competitive playing ranked all the time. Then suddenly this update hit and they changed the way ranked works and it was awful, people were getting paired with new players or pro players and it was inconsistent and it was terrible.

anyyways hanging out in this community i started to notice how toxic everyone was getting like i would be in call and people and people just seemed toxic and naggy and sometimes bigoted. i would just be like "oh okay you do you 😛😛and i would move on". But eventually coming to 2022 it just seemed like meanies in vc were like a everyday thing. No chill people trying to play the game it was just full of competitive players that were just crabby. no fun. just monotone voices talking about comp and rank and it was boring. i felt like i was talking to robots with 0 personality and just npc's in general.
lowkey agree with this, i played around 2022-2023 mostly before krunker broke since the game was bought by a mobile game company as well as separated from the pc/web versions, at that time the game was pretty stagnant and was almost pretty inactive

web games lowkey fell off tbh