forum

[osu!stable] osu flickering only while screensharing, recording or streaming

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Puyu
Problem details:
for some reason every time i try to screenshare, record or stream osu it flickers like a lot and i cant identify the issue to this problem. i also recently switched to a 240hz display and ever since i got the new display it started doing this issue but i rlly dk if its this or something else. i alr tried a lot of obs settings and different settings with the gpu drivers but nothing seemed to work. i already tagged peppy in a twitter post but i didnt get a response (because i didnt know this forum exists i just found out about it) but ill link the twitter post bellow. osu doesnt flicker for me when playing but it flickers in the recording btw.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://x.com/GaxL12/status/1813519885743575126

osu! version: Cutting Edge 20240612
Blushing
This only happens when you having the recording software open and actively capturing osu!, correct?

Have you attempted using another recording software to see if is OBS doing some type of shenanigan?
Topic Starter
-Puyu
yes and it still does the same thing.
Lyawi

-Puyu wrote:

i also recently switched to a 240hz display and ever since i got the new display it started doing this issue but i rlly dk if its this or something else.
Are you able to switch back for testing purposes? But before that, please try if you can recreate if you set to lower refresh rates
Topic Starter
-Puyu
here are the test recordings. for some reason the flickering doesnt happen on 120hz but it happens on 60hz and 240hz but when i try to play on 120hz i have a lot of input delay. also my monitor doesnt have a 144hz option for some reason. (email leak in vids oops :P)

Edit: removed the link for privacy reasons (no need to put back)
Lyawi
240hz: Do you use more than one monitor? What happens if you use only one? And do you have Vsync on?