forum

Am I playing WORSE on my new mouse?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
great_elmo
I upgraded from an m185 to a g502 hero and while I love it I think I'm playing worse than before.

I play at 8000DPI at 0.44 sens which is up from 1000 but I keep overshooting. Sure the mouse is more comfortable for my big hands but I'm probably adjusting to it.
stevennnn
i mean, you're telling us that you're playing worse. but tbf if you just started playing with your new mouse it's going to take some time to get used to it. keep playing and if you don't find yourself playing at your usual level, make sensitivity adjustments as needed
Naiad
It's pretty normal to play at a lower level immediately following a setup change.
BMW440ixDrive
You'll always play worse when switching mice, even if the new mouse is objectively more accurate/better/lighter/whatever.

Your muscle memory is used to the old mouse. Give it a few days of playtime. It helps to play maps you think are fun / are used to when rebuilding muscle memory for a new mouse.
_mp1506
Shape matter. So said RJN, a veteran FPS player, the inventor of xtrfy Zy's Rail.

But excuse me? you went from 1000 to 8000? and you're overshooting? that's just you don't say kind of thing right there.
AccountWontWork
you'll get used to it eventually, would also highly recommend turning down your dpi a bit.