forum

What maps to play

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
gamebosspi
So I have been playing VSRG's for about 3-4 years. I played RoBeats and then moved to Etterna and Mania. I have been playing these for a while and think I have a pretty good sense of rhythm and when to hit notes. I have been recently trying to play standard (recently being about 6 months ago) and I have progressed up to the point where I can A rank some 5* (which are mostly longer aim maps) maps and S rank 4.7*(more on the shorter end of aim maps). I have heard that when first starting the game I should be playing easier maps so I don't mess up my accuracy in the future but when I have tried that I feel bored and don't feel like I am improving over the week I was playing these lower star maps. What star rating should I be playing
Naiad
In my opinion to maximize improvement one should mix a healthy amount of skillcap pushing (play maps you can high approximately B rank or low A rank) as well as maps that are at the top end of your FC range, to make sure your consistency is maintained.
stevennnn
if you're bored, play some more difficult maps to challenge yourself. it's a game, if you're not having fun you're not playing right :)